weaning at 5 months 3 weeks

dollygirlie

Mother
Reaction score
I decided to start weaning my little girl at 5 months 3 weeks, started her off with 3 dessert spoons of cereal at 10am in the morning along with 6 5oz bottles of formula a day, I have started to increase to 3 dessert spoons of baby food at 4pm in the afternoon.

I have noticed a change in her behaviour, she is screaming more often, is it because she could be in pain with her tummy, or not eating enough? She leaves a couple of ounces of her milk now and again, I havn't a clue whether to increase her meals to 3 a day.

am I underfeeding or rushing her?

I have had to keep her on soya milk, as she gets incredibly windy, could this have something to do with it

It might not be agreeing with her. Maybe try some oatmeal instead and see how she does with it. Or even just go onto some veggies instead...avocado or orange veggies are great to start off with, you don't have to do cereal, especially if it seems to be bothering her

Her and my 2nd son share a bday :)

Elyse didn't do very well with rice cereal.. it was iron-fortified and I found it to be hard on her tummy (caused gas).

She did much better with barley & oatmeal cereals.. then sweet potatoes and peas :)

thanks for the posts, shall try her on an alternative breakfast from tomorrow morning :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->