Weaning Help please!

ALL BABIES ARE DIFFERENT!!!! they don't come out of books and while some will happily have milk alone untill 6 months and behond others won't! if you think she is ready hon then try her on some rice ( which is what is reccomended as a first taste/ texture by the majority of health officials ) she won't take it if she doesn't want it!

6 months on breastmilk/formula alone is a 'guideline' - not a rule. There was no way on earth Freddie would have lasted till 6 months on milk, he was a big baby and has always had a big appetite and he told me he needed more than milk by showing all the typical signs, sits up well, grabs our food from us, was waking again several times a night after sleeping through etc xx

i think the key is to do it slowly, i started giving him a little baby rice at one feed a day when he was about 20 weeks, and have slowly introduced veg and fruit since then, I just follow his lead xx

Only you know when your daughter is ready, if its not a growth spurt then go for it. I waited until 6 months with Jasmine but that was only because she wasn't ready, if she had been I would have started earlier. Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

Logan was ready at 15/16 weeks when we started weaning and he is on 3 meals aday and hes not even 6 months yet !!!!

You are the mommy and i think you know best , do what feels right for the both of you !

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->