weaning help

jenny873

Reaction score
wen to se the health visitor and lilly is having around 20 oz more than she should be for age and weight! so im starting to give her a breakfast, only the dry mix in the boxes that you mis with the milk!
i havent got a clue about weaning so i need some advice on a few things

- what do i start her on, as in how much?
-do they have bottle before or after breakfast
-when do i move heronto breakfast and tea
-then when after that do i move her onto breakfast dinner and tea
-how many bottles should she have?
since ive give her breakfast today shes calmed down on the bottles back to every 4 hours, she had 6 by 2pm yesterday!

but i really dont have a clue atall! so i need all the advice i can get on it please, thanx x

Could you please tell me how much your HV said was too much for our babies to be drinking, Alex has been on 9oz bottles for about 3 weeks now, he is always hungry, but obviously i can't make the bottles any bigger now.

I asked my HV how much was too much & she said to just go by what it says on the tub of milk, not much good when he is already having way more than it says on there.

Think i'll just be starting him on babyrice for a while, then add in apple first, even though i've already been through this before i'm getting confused, lol!!

My LO gets 3 meals a day now hungry horrace :dohh: lol, HV happy yb the way she is progressing...

when we started her tho it was just a few small spoonfuls of rice for about a week then small tastes (purees) and Ive gradually given her more and more

best time to try is when LO isnt too tired and is fairly happy

my routine is ...

gets up roughly 9am ... baby cereal with 7oz bottle I use some of that to mix cereal tho

12.30-1 another bottle along with veg or fruit puree

bottle milk around 4

then at around 6.30-7 she has savoury boxed heinz food(just add water ) or veg or fruit puree with some water or baby juice

then 7.30-8 milk around 7-9oz and she goes down to sleep and thats her till next morning

within 2-3 weeks of starting Ebonii on rice she was on 3 small meals a day:dohh:

Think i'll have to start Alex on his babyrice soon, gave him his 9oz bottle at 7ish & he just cried for more..... don't think he'll go much longer without being weaned!

lilly has about 8/9 6 oz bottles a day thats in 24 hours and thats 20 oz too much apparently and she weighs 14lbs 12oz x

Sounds like she is doing ok with gaining weight though. :)

Alex is having 9oz's 4 times a day & then 5 oz's before bed, think i'll try & speak to a different HV next week & see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->