Weaning off bottles - How did you do it??

DLA

1st Time Mom & lovin it!
Reaction score
We are doing OK except for that early AM bottle. My son has never been a great sleeper and always wakes up around 4-5AM for a bottle and goes back to sleep for an hour or two usually. This is the toughest one to get rid of! This AM as I was getting up to leave for work around 5, he was crying. I gave him a sippy cup with water which he wasn't happy with. The weekend went much better than this but of course on a Monday it's misery.

Any tips?? Should I be doing it differently ?

My Lo wouldn't take milk from sippy cup at all. I got the Nuby cup with the straw and she loves it, she drinks her milk from that now, she used to still have bottle at night but she pushed it away and asked for cup! result.

Attachments

• Nuby.jpg
    Nuby.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 3
It was easy for me I just stopped giving it one day and threw them away. He drank out of a cup. It didnt matter to him as long as he got his milk lol

Good luck x

I am a bad mum, i lost all his bottles one by one (where the hell they went i dont know :wacko::shrug:) and refused to buy any more, so cup it is :blush:

Im quite lucky though that he only had one night time bottle before bed anyway- not sure what i would have done if he woke up early hours of the morning crying for one! x

We're in the same predicament. LO wakes up at 630 on the dot every morning. I give her a bottle and she goes back down until 730-830. We have the straw sippy cups which she takes well to except for that morning bottle. :dohh:

Back in november last year we all came down with noro virus so the dr said to keep him off milk for a while.
4 days of only drinking bottled water (was in france at the time) ment he soon forgot about the bottle so we used that as an excuse to give them up.
Once he was ok stomach wise with milk again he only started off with little sips in a cup and other then a random restless night once we too the chance to get rid of them.

LO still has a bottle in the morning... it helps me get ready because it distracts him. I'm not sure how we're going to drop it because when I don't make it, he asks for it quite insistantly.

Eventually I'm going to have to just be firm and resign myself to a week or two of misery. I should probably tackle that before the baby comes, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->