Weaning product recommendations pls!

Hiding

Two lovely boys
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm starting to think about weaning and would like some advice please!

How many bowls and spoons do I need to buy?
How many of those food portion box thingys do you have?
What sippy cup do you use? I read that you should encourage LO to use one from 6 months and be off the bottle by 12 months - I didn't know this! Which cups with handles are best? He currently drinks from Dr. Brown bottles.
What 'catcher' bibs do you use? I've looked at the Brother Max ones and they look good - anyone use these?

I think thats it...for now!!

I do baby led weaning, so don't have too much 'stuff'. I have about 4 plastic spoons (Tommee Tippee I think) and we use a doidy cup. I'd definitely recommend them. She took to it really quickly and only needs a little bit of support with it now.

Thanks - do you freeze food and store it? If so, do you use anything specific for storage?

Also, did you use the doidy cup from 6 months?? I cant see LO using that without tipping it all over himself!!

I don't really freeze food that much as she just eats what we have. I know some people who use purées use ice-cube trays to freeze individual portions. I started Alice with the doidy when she was exactly 6 months. She holds the handles and brings the cup up to her mouth, I support it for her and angle it for her to drink. After she's had enough, and if I've got a bit of time for tidying I usually let her hold it on her own. You can imagine what usually happens!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->