• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

weaning when to buy new bras?

cupcake.girl

Reaction score
So my son has just turned 1 and we had our last breastfeed yesterday (have only been doing one feed per day for the last 2 months). My boobs are pretty much the size they were before pregnancy now although they look totally different because of some excess skin. So I am going to need to get some new more supportive bras. I am just wondering for those who have weaned in the past how long should I wait to buy bras? I don't want to buy some now and find that in a month or so they get even smaller. At the same time though I am sick of wearing my nursing bras that don't really fit any more.
thanks in advance

I think I gave it about a month but that could have been because I didn't get a chance to go shopping before then!

I would maybe wait a week or so (incase you get any engorgement from stopping) but not too long as you need supportive comfortable underwear.

I slowly gained weight after I stopped nursing (had lost a lot while nursing) so I had to buy some new bras about 6 months after I stopped. However to ensure you are in supportive bras you should be getting properly fitted and replacing your bras every 6 months - 1yr anyway, because the elastic starts to go and then they aren't supportive anymore. (I don't do this with my posh favourites but that's cos they hardly get any wear and tear :haha:)

thanks for the replies. I think I will wait a week or 2 then buy some new ones. noon_child that's a good point about needing to get resized every 6 months or so. I really should get in the habit of doing this. Really hoping I don't gain weight now that I have stopped nursing. It is winter where I live now too so makes weight gain even more likely :wacko:

thanks for the replies. I think I will wait a week or 2 then buy some new ones. noon_child that's a good point about needing to get resized every 6 months or so. I really should get in the habit of doing this. Really hoping I don't gain weight now that I have stopped nursing. It is winter where I live now too so makes weight gain even more likely :wacko:

I did not gain unhealthily, just slowly back to pre-preg weight over about a year. I had lost 21lb breastfeeding so there was leeway to gain some! Wish I'd have gained back only about 14lb but my body had other ideas. To be honest my boobs only went up 1/2 - 1 cup even with the weight gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->