wedding at 18 weeks

teamandy

Reaction score
Ok so I'm presently waiting until the 12th week to tell my family and friends about our pregnancy. It will be interesting how that will work since I live at home with my parents and siblings...

I'll be 18 weeks the day of my wedding, August 31st. I'm kind of thinking of perhaps announcing it the day OF the wedding during the speeches. But then again, I don't know how much I'll be showing.

In your opinion, is it better to tell people before the wedding or should I try to hold off on the surprises the day of as we are planning. My fiancé wants to tell before before, during our engagement party so that they are more "generous" with the gifts :dohh: but I think that its cuter and funner to just announce it the day of the wedding and surprise everyone altogether...

Congratulations on your pregnancy and the upcoming wedding! I got married a few years ago at 20 weeks, and decided to tell family after the 12 week scan. I needed to change my dress, and was obviously avoiding alcohol at all the events running up to the wedding, and just figured the whole thing would be easier to deal with if I just told them. Everyone was delighted, and it was amazing when LO gave me a few little kicks when we were taking our vows. My bump was quite neat, but obvious enough as I'm petite.

I'm glad I chose to tell beforehand, but I've daydreamed so many times about how sweet it would've been to surprise everyone on the day. I reckon that either way you'll have beautiful memories of it.

Good luck with whatever you decide, and have a wonderful wedding day!

I watched a lovely youtube video of a girl announcing at her wedding she was 15 weeks (yes, I'm a sop). I think it is totally if you can handle hiding it that long and if it won't be too obvious would be great too! I'm 21 weeks and just still look flabby :haha:

Enjoy your wedding!

Congrats! I'm 15 weeks with my first and I am definitely starting to look pregnant. Although i think it is more bloating than bump still. I am 5 ft 2 and average size. I say if you can hide it that long with all of the events that would be pretty cool! But people may guess before that depending on when you show. Especially if you normally drink and are abstaining. I'm already in maternity pants as my other ones are just too uncomfortable now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->