Wedding dresses

x_Rainbow_x

Reaction score
How early before your wedding did you start ooking for yours and trying some on to see what suited you?

well i aint getting married until nxt sept but my dress is ordered already lol only because it was in the sale more or less a perfect fit and the last one, so was then or never in securing it lol

I got married in the April, and started looking at dresses in the Feb the year before. Most dress shops need a 4 month minimum time to get your dress ordered in. The new collections will all be out now, so if you are getting married in the next year, now is a good time to look

I booked my wedding 2 yrs ago and went wedding dress shopping straight away (not looking to buy but just to look at styles!)... Went shopping again last friday and bought my dress... Getting married July nxt year!

I first went shopping in July, fell in love with 2 dresses then a few weeks later (August) went back and tried on the two dresses and brought my one then! They take 6 months to order in but I'm pregnant so they had to get my measurements before I got any bigger!

I get married June next year :)

I orderd mine about 6 months before the wedding, which is in 3 days!!!

I am getting married in July next year and went shopping at weekend at a place that does samples. Was not expecting to find anything but found the perfect dress that fitted perfectly, except length cos i'm so small, so i had to buy it didn't wanna take it off! Might have to get length altered soon just so i can try it on again! :)

just over a year before our wedding! I tried on many styles and then fell in love :)

I bought mine off eBay :rofl:

But to answer your question more accurately, I went to try dresses on at bridal shops and didn't fall in love with any. That was two years before the wedding. I then spent 6 months looking for styles that I liked before finding my dress on eBay (ex sample) for bargain price. I bought that in March this year and get married next May, which leaves me plenty of time for alterations :) but like Boofs says, bridal shops and designers need a good few months to order in, and then you want to leave time for alterations (but they'll be done a few weeks before the wedding)

In short, it's never too soon to start looking ;)

Agree with Boofs and Aly, I tried on dresses before we even set a date, I then found THE dress, bought it then went and booked a date :lol: that was about a year before the wedding, I do however wish I had had a bit more of a mooch around bridal shops I think I only tried about 5/6 dresses on! X

I would say it needs to be ordered minimum 6 months before your day, mine was hand made in Australia and then shipped over which took 4 months, then I had time to make final alterations to it without stressing about it.
But it took me 2 months to find the dress so give yourself plenty of time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"