wedding places

i have yea but they just seem expensive like £2500 for the cheapest. Then u have to get car dresses suits etc and works out alot. I know maybe we should wait long but we have been together 5 years in a few months 6 by time we get married im 30 next year so not getting any younger. Ohs mum and dad said they will pay towards some but im not sure how much. I dont want to be rude and ask but if we knew least it would give us a idea what we have

One thing worth remembering is if guests can travel it may be cheaper to get married in neighbouring county (if you go registry office) where we are fees were 420 but we saved 200 by getting married in different county. Our guests all have to travel so made no difference to us. However we are in a hotel so travel for ceremony is the only travel needed...!

I got married in Gretna Green ...they do complete wedding packages which include everything but the clothes for like £1500. i loved it was so awesome and getting away for a weekend so was hooney moon all in one!!

I honeslt couldnt recommend it enough. in our package it included hotel for us, wedding venue, photographer, vintage car, bag piper, cake, doves, flowers for me.

oh we did have to pay for the food (but we just had a buffet) and either the vicar or registra but that was like £100.

Me and hubby were going to do Gretna Green, then got loads of bitching when we said what we wanted "Oh its too far" "Oh its in Scotland it will be cold" "no one will come" "i dont like haggis" (coz apparently thats what you only eat in Scotland :dohh:)

If i could do it again, it would just be me and hubby in the registry office again. Or if we had a bit more spending money, Vegas and get married by Elvis! :thumbup:

yes it the first town you come to as you cross the border. scotlish laws for marriage are different so it became famous for weddings. the entire town is purley for weddings, they have a traditional church, a fancy hall, a castle or a blacksmiths to choose from.

we got married in november and it lightly snowed...was beautiful. and no hagis...bleh. the hotels were super cheap for people to stay, and we hired a small mini bus which took everyone there and back which everyone chipped in £30.

put it in google and there a few companies that organise it all for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->