Wedding question

I have been to tons of weddings and all but one had a few hours gap in the middle. Its up to you what you want to do. It would be nice for you and your OH to have some alone time after the ceremony. You shouldnt have to worry about entertaining people all day.

So i just put my idea to my dad and we had a huge row. All this rubbish just came out that ive been bottling up for ages which probably has nothing to even do with the wedding. I really do not need this right now :(

Im ringing the office to change the date because thats what is probably going to keep everyone happy. Even though Ill loose the £100 we've already paid. Its ok though, because £100 isnt a lot of money apparently.

I am so mad right now! lol

xxx

Hi hun :) My wedding was the same as yours it sounds...i got married in the morning and couldnt afford anything but the family pulled together and we got a hall for a reception party at 7pm at night.
In the end, my mum and step dad paid for a meal in between (i didnt ask them for this, this was our present from them) and only last year (we've been married 4 yrs this november) we found out it cost them near enough 700 pounds :shock: thats alot of money. The meal only lasted about 2 hours and they still had to go back to our house til the reception! We sat around drinking coffee and laughing...
If i got an invite id still go and alot of people will i assure you :)
Also the invite business...instead get invites that say "so and so & so and so would like you to attend their wedding" instead of the parents of...Then send them yourself.
I hope this helped even though ive rambled...
:hugs:

:hug: sorry to hear he wasn't more supportive

he said they want to send the invites out because thats tradition and as theyre paying for the evening they feel they should.

rang the registry office and the only date left is the 13th june. and theres no way we're getting married on the 13th! lol

We shopuld just go to vegas on our own the amount this is going to end up costing.

xxx

he said they want to send the invites out because thats tradition and as theyre paying for the evening they feel they should.

rang the registry office and the only date left is the 13th june. and theres no way we're getting married on the 13th! lol

We shopuld just go to vegas on our own the amount this is going to end up costing.

xxx

I have been to a wedding, then not been invited to the meal, but went to the later reception, no problem from me.

I think most people realize how expensive it all is, and just want to share the day with you.

AND it is YOUR day, so I would tell them that if they want to give you the money, great, but it is not so they can plan your wedding. I think the whole 'we are paying for it' thing is total bullshit, and very manipulative. I would tell him, thank you but no thank you if he wants to plan a wedding reception, go plan his own. The money should be a gift.

I would head to Vegas as well!

I caved in and changed the date. I figured I would get the same eardful everytime I spoke to my parents until the wedding. Its now happening a week earlier at 3pm.

xxx

My mother and I had a big disagreement about this sort of thing as well. I guess that's the problem when people offer to help pay for a wedding, they then feel entitled to have what they want instead of what you want.

I would tell them that if they want all that stuff, then fine... but they're the ones paying for it. Otherwise, do it on your own and do it your way. Most people I know who have regrets about their weddings regret the fact that it wasn't done the way they wanted it to be done.

Hope it works out for you xoxo :hugs:

people brought there own drinks at my wedding. each table got a bottle of champs, *mil payed* and the rest they had 2 buy themselves.
my invites were sent from me not my parents lol..

i broke most the rules when getting married lol... including getting married in a bright red dress haha :D

you do it how YOU & OH want it. if you do it how others think is best then its not fully your day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->