weetabix??

louise1302

mum to FIVE boys :)
Reaction score
is it safe for a 5 month old? made with formula of course

Cereals/grains are not recommended until after 6 months because of an increased risk of allergies.

Would definitely recommend waiting until after 6 months hun x

I've given Harry Weetabix and he was fine and absolutely loves it! I made it with warm formula - i poured it on and left it for a couple of minutes so it makes the Weetabix really soft. He just has a few spoonfuls, but he really enjoys it.

will prob wait til hes 6 months, i dont want to cause more allergies hes already allergic to all formulas,its only 4 weeks to go

i was gna say same hun, its not recommended for under 6 months and if he already has allergies hes much more likely to get another one from wheat so much better to wait, also when u do give him it after 6months i have read that if the baby has allergies u should add each new food for 3 days to make sure u know if he reacts to it

x

i'd wait til 6 months and just introduce it slowly. at that age you can give it with whole milk aswell. i gave katie cereals with gluten in before 6 months, only cos i didnt realise it had them in! think i waited til just before 6 months for weetabix

I'd give something like a porrige that you get out of a box, or baby rice, if you are really desperate. I wouldn't give weetabix tho.

I'd wait until after the 6 months, otherwise there's a risk that he could develop a gluten intolerance later in life. And if he's already got lots of allergies that's far more likely.

We just mash up some banana for alex for breakfast, or I make up batches of different fruit purees, freeze them and mix and match a few cubes for him in the morning.

ive never thought of giving him a fruit puree for breakfast, i usually do that for lunch am going to try it...i think a mashed banana tomorrow, hes fed up of baby rice

i still give maddi baby porridge :blush: i haven't tried her with any 'proper' cereals yet as i worry about the salt content! though she's derf ready for it! i often mix baby rice with all different fruits to give her a change :D

I give holly weetabix with formula milk she loves it!! fills her up for a long time as well...

I give Becky baby cereal or I mix the fruit puree in her baby rice so shes got a bit more flavour!!

Jayden has the cow and gate packets of cereal, hes got 3 different flavours, when they run out, prob in the next month Im gonna start him on weetabix and normal porridge (ready brek), cheaper too, my other 2 loved it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->