Weight comments that have made you laugh

Mum2BKW

Reaction score
I see a lot of threads on these forums about people being offended by people making insensitive comments about their bumps/weight gain. I've had this happen myself and it can be so annoying!

But sometimes people say things that just make me laugh, I thought maybe we could share the 'lighter' side of pregnancy weight gain!

For example last week I spent a day in our London office. A colleague of mine (a young lad clearly without experience of pregnant women) offered me some popcorn and then, foolishly, left the bag on my desk..... As I'm sure you can imagine, I kept having 'just a bit more' and suddenly realised there was hardly any left!! And hell, I may as well finish it off now :blush: I apologised and he said it was fine and just found it really funny.

So today I came in to the same office and was greeted with cries of "Quick! Hide your popcorn!! Lock up the food!!"

Really cracked me up!!

And yes, at lunchtime I did buy a multipack of popcorn for everyone to share to make up for me scoffing it all last time. :dohh:

Anyone else had people make you laugh as a change from being offended?

When I was pregnant with my son I had a massive craving for ice. It was a really hot day (July) and my son's Dad's family were having a BBQ. I was sitting there with my bucket of ice, chomping away when FOB's aunt (who is in her 50's and is a lovely Downs Syndrome lady) announced to everyone 'All she ever does is eat!'.

I thought it was hilarious and it's, thankfully, the only comment I remember 8 years later :)

My dad has been jokingly commenting to anyone who'll listen that I will soon be visable from a Google Earth satellite - I cracked up when I found out :)

Whenever my sister was pregnant (x3) my hubby and brother in law (her husband) used to always sing "she's a brick house".....when I got pregnant...it was only fair it was my turn ...they constantly sang that to me and I don't know why but it just made me laugh a lot....like I was happy it was my turn or something. Hahah

My father (normally quite the grumpy arse) keeps joking that I'm having twins. (he's a twin, and there's twins on my mother's side, so it wasn't an unheard of possibility!) He usually says, (when I'm eating more than usual) "Yep, that's right, got to nourish BOTH of them babies!"

Makes me laugh. I have told him I don't know HOW many times that the ultrasounds (8 of them, at this point!) have NEVER shown more than one baby, and he always says, 'Yep, we'll see if you still say that when BOTH of them come out!"

One of the only things he says that doesn't offend me these days ;)

My FIL bought a dog toy that is a duck. When you squeeze it, it quacks. He gave it to us when I was around 14 weeks as that's when we saw the ILs last. It was supposed to be representative of late 3rd tri when I start to "waddle like a duck," and FIL was joking about how DH should take it with us place and quack it as I'm waddling down the grocery store aisles or something. DH thinks it's funny, and honestly, if my FIL ever had anything nice to say about me, I might think it was funny too. Well slightly. I don't really have the same sense of humor that they do. As it is it just irritates me that he even thinks he has the right to make jokes about me at all.... I've told DH that I refuse to waddle. If I start waddling, I'll put myself on bedrest lol.

DH has told other people that if I gain too much he's going to "hook me to the plow" to reverse that. I do find that one funny as the reactions we get are hilarious!

My dd said something.funny yesterday. She's nearly 4.
We were walking down road with my mum to left of me and dd to right and she suddenly shouted oh no where's grandma? We laughed and said she's here. Dd said oh mummy your so fat I couldn't see her. Hahaha it was so funny. What is she going to think in 8 weeks when I'm term lol

We had a big dinner at a friend's house a couple of weeks ago, we saw people we haven't seen since last September and some didn't even know I was pregnant.
So a guy friend turns to my girl friend and asks her: I'm embarrassed to ask Lily, but is she pregnant or did she get very fat in the belly?
My girl friend almost fell over from laughing, she thought it was very funny and told me, and we were laughing hysterically at the poor guy.

Last night my husband & I were talking about buying a Subaru Outback, the name of which supposedly evokes rugged terrain, but I also thought it might implicitly refer to the large amount of trunk space "out back" in the car. We joked that I instead needed a Subaru Outfront or else I would need to drive facing backwards.

It was my dd2 2nd birthday not long ago and a family friend rents a talior in my gmas yard (the party was at my gmas) and I had an apron on that tied on above my boobs well my cuz is also preg and we are both standing in the kitchen making my enchaladas that everyone likes and he goes so are you both pregnant? Ha how he's missed my bell every time I've been over I have not idea! He's always outside when we get there and he always says hi I gave him such a hard time it was rather funny

Today getting ready for lunch, I said I didn't really feel hungry. My father states, "No offense, but you don't really look hungry either". He was joking of course. I laughed. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->