• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weight gain 2nd tri

CandiceSj

Reaction score
Have any of you had a huge "boom" in weight gain? I can't figure out what's happening with my body, I've gained about 8 lbs in the past 2 weeks or so! 1lbs per 2 days is just not normal! I don't believe I've eaten THAT much, just normal meals and snacks, mostly healthy good, no binge eating, no diet either though. My body needs to stop storing fat, this is insane, my metabolism must've crashed or something when I was ill with nausea, etc. and not eating well like I normally do.

Anyone have a similar experience?

yes!! I gained 8 lbs in just a 3 weeks and it was not due to any crazy eating! but it slowed down a bit afterwards ..this is my 4th baby and my body always has a very slow metabolism during pregnancy! its not fun!!!

I'm in the same boat... I've gained 6lbs in the last 3 weeks, I'd lost a bit of weight in my first 22 weeks because of ms, (I'm now 6 lbs up from my pre-pregnancy weight) I think it was bound to happen eventually I just didn't expect for it to be so sudden, I feel huge and I'm sure I haven't been eating an awful lot more than usual.. I'm hoping most of the weight by now is baby and boobs.. I'm a ftm and I've gone from being quite agile and bouncy to waddling and a lot like a tortoise on it's back!

Yep this is me but I'm eating like a horse the novelty of being able to eat again is great

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not alone!!! I gained quite a lot of weight my previous 2 pregnancies (60 lbs and about 50 lbs) but they were born without issues, healthy, and I went back to my regular weight without any issues. It just went well all-round.

But when I told my (new) Dr this, she was like, "Let's go for 35 lbs this time, shall we?" So she's kinda stressing me out! I don't want to be told it's not going well when it's going similarly to my two previous perfect pregnancies! I don't want to be told to stop eating or go on a diet or something like this... I have a feeling this is just the way my body operates.

I definitely hope it slows to the regular 1-2 lbs per week though because 4 will make me obese, but I guess it should...? lol

I'd think if you gained a bunch after feeling nauseous and then being able to eat again, a good chunk of it is likely water weight and the weight gain will taper off. Maybe you're just getting and retaining more fluids now?

I'd think if you gained a bunch after feeling nauseous and then being able to eat again, a good chunk of it is likely water weight and the weight gain will taper off. Maybe you're just getting and retaining more fluids now?

I do believe there's some fat there, my behind isn't fitting into my underwear anymore and from what my husband notices, it hasn't flattened out if it was only because my hips are wider. AND there's some face puffiness. My face was a bit rounder around this time last pregnancy too. But I imagine that yes, some of it is water weight! I hope in a way lol

I know how you feel, with my first i gained 80 lbs!!! but i ate so much and very unhealthy. with my second I tried to be better but still gained 50 lbs, with my third I managed to keep it at 30ish lbs and I would really love to be at the 25 lbs mark this time. my point though is even though it was getting better each time there was one thing in common, I would gain in clusters like you just did. then go a couple weeks with out gaining then gain a chunk again.

I've already gained 20 lbs this pregnancy :( and I was supposed to gain 15 at most because I started overweight - weight I gained from my first, a whopping 100lbs pregnancy gain.. I just couldn't curb those cravings. This time I've craved salad and fruit and I still managed to put it on... where did it come from!

I had MS unitl week 16-17 and had lost weight...after that though I started piling on weight at a rate of about 3lbs per week! It has slowed down now thought and in total I've gained 22lbs from my starting weight.

I guess I'm not the only one whose body is reacting by putting on some weight! It'll work out in the end I imagine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->