Weight gain at 25wks?

Mamamumum

Reaction score
Just worked it out and I have gained 13lbs :wacko: I. struggle with body image/weight/body dysmorphia etc anyway, and now I honestly feel like a whale. How much have you/had you gained at 25wks? Is 13lbs good, bad...?

I'm at 12 lbs at 23 weeks. I haven't had any comments from any of my appts. I started overweight too so I'm trying to stay down.

About 9 pounds at 22 weeks, but I started 7 pounds heavier than with my last pregnancy.

Last pregnancy I gained 17 kilos (37 pounds).

I hope I don't gain a much overall this time. My starting weight this time was 10 stone, which is a lot for me :( (I am 5.7).

It really does depend on your starting weight/height, water retention etc! I'm 25 1/2 weeks now and 10 1/2lbs up, but I had a healthier start this time (5"4 and 125lbs) with my first pregnancy I was on the very low side weight wise, and by this point was heavier and gained more (prob about 25 lbs), but I definitely needed it! Don't stress :)

I also struggle with body image and weight and have had eating disorders, so I understand how you feel and my personal solution is just not to weigh myself in pregnancy. I am taking great care to eat well 6 days a week then I have a little splurge the other day and it is working okay, I couldn't say how much weight I'd put on but I don't look nearly as big in the face/arms as I did with my son by now. I did gain a lot of weight in the first tri though as everything was really stressful and I just overate.
I tell the midwives I don't want to be weighed and I just explain that it's not good for my state of mind and that hopefully they can see by looking at me that I'm not ballooning.

Fwiw I really don't think that less than a stone by 25 weeks is bad at all :) I'm sure you're doing fine. Consider stepping away from the scales a bit if it'll help you, and just eat well and do a little bit of exercise each day. Hugs

Hey Mamamumum, your weight gain so far sounds spot on - my ob said a general guide is 12kg over the whole pregnancy...I'm 23 weeks and have gained about 5kg, just less than you and you're 3 weeks ahead of me.

I understand the 'feeling like a whale' thing :) But one thing that I read the other day which helped was a breakdown of what the weight gain is made up of...

(taken from NZ government website https://www.health.govt.nz/your-hea...y-eating/healthy-weight-gain-during-pregnancy )

Pregnancy is a unique time in which your body changes to meet the needs of your growing baby. Your body must store nutrients and increase the amount of blood and other fluids it makes.

Here is an example of how much each component part weighs during pregnancy if your baby’s birthweight is 3.5 kg, and you gained 12.8 kg during your pregnancy:

Baby 3.5 kg
Fluid around the baby (Amniotic fluid) 0.9 kg
Placenta 0.7 kg
Growth of your womb (uterus) 0.9 kg
Growth of your breasts 1.1 kg
Increased amount of blood 1.5 kg
Increased amount of other body fluids 1.1 kg
Storing of nutrients (fat and protein) 3.1 kg
Total weight gain based on this example 12.8 kg

So a lot of it is fluids, placenta etc. Don't equate the weight with your usual weight, or what it would usually mean to put on that much :)

I think that sounds absolutely fine. I'm 24 weeks and I've gained about 10lbs. I was quite pleased with that actually! With my first, I gained about 18lbs by the time I had her, so I feel on track to probably gain about the same this time, which is considered excellent for my weight.

I think 13 pounds at 25 weeks is amazing.

To be honest, I am a little jealous of all of you. I thought I was doing well, but reading these posts makes me realize I have gained way too much. For reference, I'm 21 weeks and up 12 pounds. I exercise daily and eat a healthy diet. I am hoping for me and the rest of us, as long as we are doing that then it is ok.

I think 13 pounds at 25 weeks is amazing.

To be honest, I am a little jealous of all of you. I thought I was doing well, but reading these posts makes me realize I have gained way too much. For reference, I'm 21 weeks and up 12 pounds. I exercise daily and eat a healthy diet. I am hoping for me and the rest of us, as long as we are doing that then it is ok.

You ARE doing well, that's really not that much. I honestly gained about that much in the first tri alone.. I was starting out slightly underweight though but now definitely not and I know I've continued to gain. For that reason I just refuse to weigh myself! And agree with you that as long as we're exercising and eating healthily then you just can't go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->