Weight Gain third tri!

Clopatjo

Reaction score
Firstly 34 weeks today woo hoo!! Only 6 weeks cant wait. Quick q tho my weight seems to have levelled off, admitted I did suffer a bout of diarrhea the other day but apart from that eating normally. My weight is abt 10stone and I am abt 5 ft 4. Cant seem to put on any more. Worried about growth of bubs now. Does anyone else not really put on much in third tri or level off - I thought that was when were supposed to put on most!! xx

It's different for everyone, so don't worry! My weight gain has slowed in the past two weeks as well, and it's not like the baby is gaining pounds every week, rather ounces, so I'm not too concerned.

I have heard that since your tummy is really smooshed some people don't eat as much towaqrd the end and so don't gain as much and that most of the weight gain during the last few weeks is water weight anyways.

I don't have that problem however! :)

As long as baby is measuring fine and you are eating enough to keep up strength and getting all your vitamins I wouldn't be worried though. :)

I've only put on 4lb in the 3rd tri, i am still eating properly but the weight is not going on. I had a growth scan at 35wk as thy were concerned that bubs might not be growing properly but all was fine and was a good size.

Im sure as long as your measuring ok, all is well

x

Thanks girls, had a chat w/ my mum this morn and she said it nothing to worry about, she said your weight can fluctuate and everyone diff. She's had 5 of us :) She said even towards the end she lost weight! So am just going to keep eating well and taking vits and keeping my appts.

Had growth scan too and bubs was doing fine xx

Firstly 34 weeks today woo hoo!! Only 6 weeks cant wait. Quick q tho my weight seems to have levelled off, admitted I did suffer a bout of diarrhea the other day but apart from that eating normally. My weight is abt 10stone and I am abt 5 ft 4. Cant seem to put on any more. Worried about growth of bubs now. Does anyone else not really put on much in third tri or level off - I thought that was when were supposed to put on most!! xx

I'm 5 ft 4 and my weight seems to have levelled off at 10.2 stone :shrug: but I put loads of weight on in first trimester, a little bit less in second and now it all just seems to be catching up and none is going on. My MW said this was perfectly normal as women gain around different times and I am measuring dead on 32 so baby is growing. :)

Thanks that's it, everyone diff! :) Just when you dont fit into standard you start to worry! I guess if docs/mws are happy than that is fine! I gained a lil in first, most in late 2nd/early third and now just seem to have hit a wall but I do have a dicky tummy!

Aaahhhh just cant wait for bubs to get here :)!!! xx

Baby will take what they need. Even if you weren't eating alot and losing weight baby would still grow fine. Try not to worry! I put on a load of weight whilst pregnant with my lil boy. After I had him I was 3 stone heavier than pre-pregnancy and he was still only 7lbs 4ozs!

I didn't really gain any more weight after 33/34 weeks. Thank goodness :) I put on a lot!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->