Weight gain

cymrufaerie

Reaction score
I'm just finishing up my second trimester (25 weeks and 2 days, yay!) and my baby is apparently at a great weight and size (around 13 inches long, 1lb 11ounces) and yet I have only gained 7 lbs total during my entire pregnancy. My doctor says it's fine since my baby is healthy and well developed, but we're both trying to figure out why I'm not gaining weight. Before pregnancy I was slightly rounded and had no trouble gaining weight, then I got pregnant, lost a ton of weight, only gained back 7 lbs, and I eat pizza, buffalo wings, take-out, whatever is alright for me to eat I'll eat it. We don't know where it's going. Anyone else having mysterious weight gain issues?

I wish!
I'm starving the whole time! I've gained 1 stone and 7lbs so far and I'm only 20weeks!
I'm going to be a hippo!

I'm exactly the same - still at my pre-pregnancy weight at 19wks, 3 days(having lost a bit of weight at the beginning with morning sickness etc.). Appetite has come back in the last week or two so am hoping to put some weight on! x

As long as the baby is growing fine and neither of you are showing signs of problems, then don't stress the weight gain. Some women gain a lot of weight, some don't gain any at all. A lot of it has to do with how your body works and metabolizes. And what's normal for one person isn't normal for another.... but a word of advice, don't stock up on all that unhealthy food to force yourself to gain weight. You'll just end up lacking proper nutrients. Eat well rounded, healthy meals and snacks. If you don't gain a lot, then you don't gain a lot. No big deal.

And for the record, as of last check, I've gained 10 lbs and I'm 26+1.

I have lost around 15 lbs from morning sickness. nothing seemed to work to stop it. :/ my doctor said he was a bit worried and to try eating healthier and a bit more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->