Weight gain

SpringCrane

Reaction score
For those who have more than one kiddo, was your weight gain about the same with each pregnancy?

Just curious :)

Not for me. I only gained 15 pounds throughout last time and nothing till half way through second trimester. I have already gained 5 this time round. Need to start doing more exercise!

With my first pregnancy, I gained 50lbs. I lost 30 of that after the baby was born. And he was only 7lbs.

With my second pregnancy, I only gained 20lbs. After the baby was born, I actually weighed less than I did pre-pregnancy, and my baby was almost 10lbs.

My lifestyles with both pregnancies were complete opposites which is why they were so different. In my second pregnancy, I ate well and exercised a few times a week after my 2nd trimester. Something I was told wasn't safe in my first pregnancy; so all I did was eat and laze around with that one. :dohh:

I gained a little more each time
With my firsti gained barely anything but with second and third I gained around 25 lb. I did gain a little more third time but my start weight was less so I ended up the same. I always worry about weight but I've already lost 20lb of the weight so please don't worry

Not the same for me either.

With #1 I barely gained 20lbs....With #2 it was 35+. I had mild hg with both but with #2 I had medicine so maybe that helped me gain more?

With my first pregnancy, I gained 50lbs. I lost 30 of that after the baby was born. And he was only 7lbs.

With my second pregnancy, I only gained 20lbs. After the baby was born, I actually weighed less than I did pre-pregnancy, and my baby was almost 10lbs.

My lifestyles with both pregnancies were complete opposites which is why they were so different. In my second pregnancy, I ate well and exercised a few times a week after my 2nd trimester. Something I was told wasn't safe in my first pregnancy; so all I did was eat and laze around with that one. :dohh:

This was the same for me. My first I gained 40 lbs and second 25 lbs. I exercised and ate better with my second as well. This one I've been eating healthy and exercising several times a week but still already gained 9 lbs so not sure what to think about that :/

I put on 5 stone with my first pregnancy. Pre-pregnancy I was 8.5 stone and 13.5 stone at the end! A large amount was in the later part of the third trimester when I had PET, I ballooned!! My son was only 7lb 6 oz. Thankfully I managed to lose all the weight within a year.

I'm a little heavier starting off with this pregnancy about 9.5 stone and around 10 stone now, fingers crossed I won't put on so much weight this time!!

I've gained about 50 lbs with each pregnancy, lost most if not all with in a year of each one. My OB hates it but it just seems that's what my body does when preg.

I gained 25lbs with my first. It was all baby and water though I guess because it was all gone in two weeks! DS was 9lb 2 xx

It's really interesting that it can vary so much between pregnancies! It makes sense when there's a difference in lifestyle and diet, of course.

I gained 24 lbs with my son and I think it'll be unlikely to be the same this time. I'm also starting out heavier this time, unfortunately. I lost all but five pounds immediately after my son was born but it took a long time for the rest to fall off. Then I got pregnant a second time and gained like 8 lbs in the 12 short weeks I was pregnant. I don't know how it happened! Maybe because I stopped breastfeeding at the same time and my metabolism got confused :)

I hadn't weighed myself in a while pre-pregnancy, but I was 138 at my prenatal yesterday. I was 131 at my son's first prenatal. Not a big difference but noticeable, certainly. I also threw up quite a bit with my son but not once yet this time.

Oh well. Not really worried, just find it all interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->