Weight gain

Sophie2015

Reaction score
I feel like such a hypocrite. I have tried to be the cheerleader for others and advised again and again not to compare pregnancies. But I can't seem to listen to my own advice.
I'm 5+4 today. I made the mistake of weighing this morning and I haven't gained a pound. With my 3rd somewhat successful pregnancy (she had T21) I started gaining the day I got my BFP. I gained 20lbs in the 15 weeks I was pregnant with her despite trying keep my weight gain minimal. I literally gained from week 4 of pregnancy. But with my 2 mmc pregnancies I didn't gain a pound. So the fact I haven't gained ANYTHING at 5+4 has me panicking. Anyone have any kind words of reassurance. Thanks!

The weight gain doesnt really mean anything. With my first kid I gained nothing until 12 weeks. With my subsequent miscarriages I gained 3-4lbs until I lost them in first tri. I really hope this is your sticky bean. Sending you a ton of sticky dust!!

Thank you so much for your response!! After 4 losses I feel like I might not survive til my scan next Wednesday. The worry overwhelms me at times.

You are very lucky lol...I never gain much in my pregnencies all 9 month max is 14 pounds which I gain on my 3rd ...but with this I gain 8 pounds in 4 weeks heck yes but I blame it to #6 pregnency. ..so yes every pregnency is different. ..

I gained weight with my first pregnancy so fast. I gained moderately with my mmc and i have gained slowly with this pregnancy. I actually lost weight at the beginning of this one.i know the worry and that no words can really alleviate it but hang in there, I hope this is your baby :)

Weight gain in the first Tri is generally all water weight lovely. Unless you're underweight (like I was with my son and even now if I am honest with myself), then you will store as much as your body can possibly handle.
Proper weight gain starts in the second Tri, not to mention, a lot of it is baby and placenta, etc xx Try and not stress yourself lovely. I know how hard it is. Pregnancy is some of the most stressful times of your life xx Eat well, nourish your body and baby will thrive xx

EDIT: With my son I gained around 30 kgs (66ish lbs) but I started out at 43kgs (94ish lbs).
This time I started out at 46 and have gone up to 51 in a month

I haven't gained weight either, but I do feel bloated. A lot of people I know actually lost weight in their first trimester due to nausea. From what I understand all pregnancies are different, so don't worry yourself too much, which I know is easier to say than do :)

Thank you ladies all so much. Each one of you that has posted helps to calm me. First ultrasound is in exactly 1 week. Praying there is a heartbeat. My first 2 pregnancies there was not.

It wont mean anything at this stage i vary everyday theres a difference of 4 lbs sometimes and im not pregnant! Lol good luck hun and dont compare theres really no point xx

In first tri with all my pregnancies I have actually lost weight, I wouldn't worry about any gain or not gaining in first tri I think it's 2nd tri before you'll start to gain I'm now 18w 3d and am possibly just back to my original weight before I was pregnant x

Awww please try not to worry.

I have actually lost weight since finding out I was pregnant.

I can't eat as much at a time, although I am eating every few hours and I am not exercising as hard so presume I am losing some via muscle loss?

I lost weight in first tri with my last baby too, although I am overweight and was then, it doesn't necessarily mean anything bad. I can see why you would be worried but try and be calm if you can xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->