Weight loss after miscarriage

Pinkie 33

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I'm looking for some advice if anyone can help... I've had 2 IVFs, the second resulting in pregnancy followed by miscarriage at 8 weeks. I'm trying to get back in shape for my wedding in September and also for IVF 3 in October.

My problem is that I am struggling to shift the pounds. I'm eating very little fat/sugar/carbs, exercising daily and being really careful. Yet this week, I have seen no change. The MC was three weeks ago so my cycles are still unknown after everything. Could this be water retention? Would it affect my weight to this extent? I do feel healthier, its just not showing on the scales!

Thanks x

Hi Pinkie
Really sorry for your loss :hug:
Good you have wedding to look forward to!!
Sounds like you are doing everything right so hang in there and see if there is any change. How may cals a day would you say you are eating? My metabolism is quite sluggish so I find it really hard to shift the weight. Ive just come out of a disasterous ivf cycle and really want to lose a st. Good luck x

Hello :flower:
Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry about your IVF cycle. I found it very hard to eat healthily throughout IVF as I found the process very hard physically and dieting just wasn't top of my priorities!
I'm eating less than 1000 cals/day and aiming at less than 35 grams fat/day. I have seen an improvement this week. I'm not sure that everything will settle down until I've had a first full cycle. The MC op was 4 weeks today so I'm hoping AF shows up soon so that I can get back to normal.

How are you aiming at losing your stone? Are you planning another IVF?

:hugs:x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"