Weight loss and stretch marks

XcupcakeX

Reaction score
Hi :flower: hope someone can help if they have any experience/knowledge on the subject!

I'm a healthy weight for my height, size ten, 5ft 7in etc but before pregnant I was tiny and because my daughter was on the large side I got loads of tiny stretch marks on my tummy, barely visible actually but give quite a wrinkly appearance Iykwim ? It's disgusting :nope:

anyway I want to lose weight and get back to my original size because that's the real me and I hate being this size...it's been too long now! Does anyone know if this could make my stretch marks appear worse?

Also for some reason over the last few months iv gotten some tiny white stretch marks at the top of my thighs, even though my weight hasn't changed at all :wacko:

If I drop like 1.5 - 2 stone will they look worse? I want to lose weight but I don't want to look worse than I do now :growlmad:

I was asking my brother this (he's a personal trainer) and he said to me that if I want to minimise the chance of getting stretch marks (or making the ones I got worse) then to lose weight slowly and do a good amount of exercise. Stretch marks as far as I know as caused by losing or gaining weight too quick and your skin can't adjust correctly to the changes. If you do it slowly then you are making it less likely to get them (though there's always a chance you will).

Can only recommend what the PP said I think, with the 'slowly' thing. I guess take it steady and keep an eye on them. It they start to add to the crinkle effect maybe it's time to be size 10 lol..remember that's actually an enviable size :)!

I had one big stretch mark on my tummy on the day of labour (and some down my hips but didn't care so much as they were hidden really) .

AFTER the birth, they all came out on my stomach, I guess from it snapping back 'too quick' after baby :( The first six weeks of his life I lost weight quite quickly due to stressful and painful breastfeeding (was crying and in pain most of the time lol!) I wonder now if this is why they were bad. And there was me on the day of birth thinking I'd done so well for stretchmarks!!!

I've got back to my pre baby weight (I wasn't prefect anyway so some more loss would be great) but I too worry about these stretchmarks. I'm size 12 and my stomach is 'spoiling' my look imo. OH doesn't seem bothered but I think he is still under the illusion they will 'go' with time. The angriness/redness has gone but the 'torn' effect is still there and I'm pretty sure I can't solve that!

I don't think they will look worse as really, stretch marks get better over time no matter what. You aren't going to drop 1.5 stone over night and look like a deflated balloon in the morning lol so I wouldn't worry. How tall are you? Just with you at size 10 now and wanting to lose 1.5 stone seems a lot!

But then I'm 5"8 with a goal of size 8-10. Currently 12.

Thanks for the replies :)

Beth_terri I'm 5ft 7 but I've always been really slim before having LO . I would still be within the healthy bmi range for my height. Never been this 'big' in my life and I hate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->