weight loss - lets hold each other accountable! (Lets face ot OH doesn't get it)

Angel_blues

Reaction score
So I know if I have someone checking in on me I do better. I only have 20lbs to loose to be where I want to be but I have seen many how are trying to loose weight so my suggestion: let's join a fitness community together. I am part of 'myfitnesspal' user name is vbrochu I am also part or 'Garmin connect' (I have a Garmin vivosmart smart watch) user name is Angel_blues.

We can share recipes and what works for us!

I'll join you! I'm on myfittnesspal as well. I'll look you up! :)

I'm in about the same place. 15-20 to lose, but really I'd just love to get more fit. I could use incentive to fit working out and being active into my busy work schedule.

I don' have myfitnesspal, but can I join too? :)
ideally i'd like to lose ~20lbs, but that would be a push as I'm not even technically overweight, so 10-15lbs is what I'll shoot for.
Just like otterpup i want to be fitter and more toned and get into a habit of clean eating. More for the purpose of being healthy and feeling good, but weight loss will be greatly appreciated :D

Me too, luckily I have an active job so I just need to stop over eating and drink more water!

I'm in! Getting back to MyFitnessPal and using my Fitbit Flex, since I'm pretty sure I've put a few pounds back on these past months. :dohh: Today was my first day calorie counting in a month, and I'm under goal at least. 10-15 lbs is what I'm trying to finish shedding. Good luck, ladies! :happydance:

MyFitnessPal link - feel free to add!

I'm in! Getting back to MyFitnessPal and using my Fitbit Flex, since I'm pretty sure I've put a few pounds back on these past months. :dohh: Today was my first day calorie counting in a month, and I'm under goal at least. 10-15 lbs is what I'm trying to finish shedding. Good luck, ladies! :happydance:

How do you like the fitbit flex?

How do you like the fitbit flex?

I love it! It's the wrist kind, so I just strap it on and forget about it, and it tracks my activity burn throughout the day. You can set up goals on the dashboard as well, like steps per day. It even tracks your sleep. I've found it to be very helpful, and it syncs with MFP so you don't have to add a lot of basic exercises like walking/running/etc to get your exercise calories. :)

I use this app on my phone called noom. I've been using it for over three years now and I really like it. Oh and I've started drinking protein shakes. I started on Monday and I already feel a bit better.

I also have about 20 lbs to loose. I am going to start Jillian Michaels Body Revolution tomorrow. I use BodyMedia Armband to track burned calories.

I'm really happy with my vivosmart (Garmin) It also comes with an app that tracks everything. Burned calories, steps, sleep. It also shows my text messages & who's calling if I'm away from my phone. It logs my exercises as well. I can sync it to a heart rate monitor if I get one. I was thinking of getting the fitbit charge hr when it comes out because it has an integrated heart rate monitor...

I know I over eat so I've started measuring what I put on my plate as well as pre plan meals... I heard that 90% of people eat when they are actually thirsty so when ever I feel peckish between meals I drink a large glass of water instead of snaking. To my surprise it has worked SO well! I'm not nearly as hungry anymore. I also drink a large glass of water or two before meals and eat much slower wich has helped a lot too!

Jillian Michaels is my girl! She makes me curse while thanking her at the same time. :haha:

The Charge looks really nice, but I can't justify splurging on it when I already have a tracker that works and does what I need. One day, though... Water has helped me a lot too; back when I was losing weight before I'd usually get 15 glasses a day and was rarely hungry. (downside: getting to know the bathroom really well) I have a food scale, but honestly it just collects dust on my counter. DD has taken to wanting to eat what I eat, so I use her as my portion control now. :haha:

My work is super active and I don't have access to daunting vending machines so its not so bad. At home my wonderful OH eats a ton of junk food and stay thin... So water is my best friend lol

I'm also looking to lose around 20lb. I weigh 10st5 just now and my bmi is 25.6 so I am slightly overweight - I only need to lose 3lb to come back into the "healthy" weight category, but I'm aiming for a bmi of 22.5 which would have me weighing in at 9st. I was 8st3 when I met my oh so I have put on just over 2st in 4 years!

I am hoping to lose about 2lb per week on average, although I know that slows down as you get nearer your goal weight, so I am giving used until the end of March to do so. I am giving up wine until my birthday at the end of March (switching to slimline g&ts!) as I have a glass after work maybe two nights a week plus more at the weekends. All empty calories!

I like to follow a meal plan. I have a subscription to a diet website, and they give me a meal plan every week (about 1700 calories). I use a food scale every day.

I also track my calories. I'm a bit of a control freak so if I'm doing something, I want to do it right lol I weigh my food and count the calories and sometimes it's crazy when you find out something you thought was pretty healthy/low calorie can actually be really high!

I also really want a fitness watch to track all my burned calories. I was thinking about buying the new fitbit charge, but since it doesn't check heartrate i'll wait until the fitbit ChargeHR is released. It is a splurge, but like I said if I do something I want to do it right and I feel without tracking the heartrate the burned calories aren't as precisely calculated and not reliable enough for me.

I'm also looking to lose around 20lb. I weigh 10st5 just now and my bmi is 25.6 so I am slightly overweight - I only need to lose 3lb to come back into the "healthy" weight category, but I'm aiming for a bmi of 22.5 which would have me weighing in at 9st. I was 8st3 when I met my oh so I have put on just over 2st in 4 years!

I am hoping to lose about 2lb per week on average, although I know that slows down as you get nearer your goal weight, so I am giving used until the end of March to do so. I am giving up wine until my birthday at the end of March (switching to slimline g&ts!) as I have a glass after work maybe two nights a week plus more at the weekends. All empty calories!

My personal trainer told me to forget about looking at bmi scales because it's not accurate. I am considered obese according to those calculations and I am not even close. I doesn't take into account your actual muscle mass. I have a lot of muscle in my upper body just my tummy and thighs need work.

3 lbs since Monday! I'm doing it I'm really doing it!!!

I really need to join this!! Trying to lose about 20 lbs as well! Cutting out sodas for now and trying to drink more water....trying to start out slow because if I try to do everything at once I just end up quitting :/

I really need to join this!! Trying to lose about 20 lbs as well! Cutting out sodas for now and trying to drink more water....trying to start out slow because if I try to do everything at once I just end up quitting :/

That's the only successful way to do it! Honestly every single time you feel you are hungry and it isn't time for a meal drink a large glass of water! It helped me SO much cut down on hunger

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->