weight loss - lets hold each other accountable! (Lets face ot OH doesn't get it)

Hi all :)

I still have a bit to lose (37 pounds at the least) but I've lost 102 pounds so far! (weigh in tomorrow morning...eek!)

I started at 324 pounds, I'm now at 222.

I'm also 5'10" so I'm pretty tall.

Hopefully you all don't mind me joining you guys :flower:

Welcome, and congrats on your progress so far! :flower:

Hi all :)

I still have a bit to lose (37 pounds at the least) but I've lost 102 pounds so far! (weigh in tomorrow morning...eek!)

I started at 324 pounds, I'm now at 222.

I'm also 5'10" so I'm pretty tall.

Hopefully you all don't mind me joining you guys :flower:

Wow, congrats on your progress so far! :)

Thanks guys! It's been hard but I'm trying to keep pace.

I need to work on my calorie intake more. I was over my calories a couple times this week and I gained 2 pounds. I'm beating myself up so much right now...I don't want to head back down that road.

You've done an amazing job so far, and proved you can lose it, so I wouldn't be too hard on yourself! :hugs: And the weight gain can be from any number of reasons, like a higher sodium intake/hormones/water weight/etc. Weigh yourself again in a few days and see if it was just a temporary gain. :)

That's fantastic! You are doing an amazing job! Everyone is bound to hit some bumps that's why we have each other to virtually lean on. :)

Remember drinking more water cuts hunger by a large amount! Instead of eating a snack drink a large glass of water. If you are still hungry after 10 minutes then snack.

OH told me the same thing, reminding me that my hormones have been wonky lately and it's probably that and/or water weight. I still panicked a little when I saw it though, and being extra careful today...

im trying to eat a lot more healthily and drink loads of water up until my wedding/TTC! and continue into pregnancy obviously :)

im really struggling to pack in fruit and veg though, ive only managed 2 portions today
does anyone have any tips about how to easily eat more fruit and veg? i dont mind the taste of most of it but its just a bit boring!
:flower:

My favorite salad:

1 container of cherry (cocktail) size boccacini cheese cut in 2 or 4 (or favorite cheese)
2 Large bell pepper orange red or yellow in chunks
1 Medium container of cherry tomatoes cut in 2 or 4
1 super small red onion thin slices
1 cucumber in chunks
1cup of fresh fine chopped parsley (basil and cilantro work well too but adjust according to taste)
1/4 cup of salad dressing. I'm using Kraft pesto parmesan right now but I switch them so that I don't get sick of the flavor.

I eat this every day...

Last week I started drinking protein shakes because I wasn't getting enough and now I feel much better. My brain doesn't feel as foggy and I drink it when I'm at the gym or as a snack in the afternoon. I usually get hungry between 3-5pm so that's when I have it. I still feel a bit tired but not as much.

Glad the protein shakes are working out for you! :) I have to get back into doing my protein coffee in the morning once I start exercising regularly again.

Smoothies are great for packing in fruit and veggies! Mine are usually somewhat low cal, but do watch out because it's easy to make a super calorific one by adding nut butters, etc.

I have a dilemma. Thursday is pizza lunch at work but Fridays are my cheat day (normally) because that's OH night to cook (and by cook I mean order in) should I bring a lunch Thursday and prove I can resist this kind of thing or work out ridiculously hard in the morning and have a small light dinner so I stay on/under goal and still have a cheat day Friday...

i think i would just bring my own lunch so i knew i had something that would be satisfying whilst knowing i could still have a treat on friday
you dont want to make yourself feel bad by having a bit of pizza on lunch when you could save it and really earn that end of week treat!

I'm voting the opposite, and say just work out/eat light the rest of the day. But I love me some pizza! :haha: Or pack a salad or something, and only have a slice.

I would bring my lunch. If I would have some pizza on Thursday and a cheat day on Friday, then it would be hard for me to go back to my diet.

I don't really diet, I eat smaller portions of the same food... I'm an over eater, I eat fast so by the time I realise I'm full I'm SUPER full... it's a though one but I think I'm going to skip Thursday pizza. I'll just want more if I have even one. Thanks ladies :)

My period started eleven days before it was supposed to. I wasn't expecting it until next Friday but it started tonight. :shrug: I'm guessing having protein shakes might have something to do with it. I feel surprised that it would start this early.

Nope just the protein powder. My user name on mfp is taraverbridge if you want to add me.

I'm in! Getting back to MyFitnessPal and using my Fitbit Flex, since I'm pretty sure I've put a few pounds back on these past months. :dohh: Today was my first day calorie counting in a month, and I'm under goal at least. 10-15 lbs is what I'm trying to finish shedding. Good luck, ladies! :happydance:

MyFitnessPal link - feel free to add!

I sent you a request. :)

I miss going on my walks. It's been very cold all week. :coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back