weight loss - lets hold each other accountable! (Lets face ot OH doesn't get it)

Just got off from my elliptical, I did 30mins intervals and when I started just after christmas I would've been dead after the 30 minutes, but today I almost found it too easy, which is why I kind of sprinted the last 3min interval :) Elliptical said 5km and 350calories burned but I'm not sure how accurate that is. But I am proud of myself, it's a small improvement and after only a week!

Great Job Angel_blues!

Since after christmas I've been using the elliptical every day (except yesterday) and it has been surprisingly easy to motivate myself, but I've also been off work. Does anyone have any tips on being motivated to work out after a long day of working?

Just got off from my elliptical, I did 30mins intervals and when I started just after christmas I would've been dead after the 30 minutes, but today I almost found it too easy, which is why I kind of sprinted the last 3min interval :) Elliptical said 5km and 350calories burned but I'm not sure how accurate that is. But I am proud of myself, it's a small improvement and after only a week!

Great Job Angel_blues!

Since after christmas I've been using the elliptical every day (except yesterday) and it has been surprisingly easy to motivate myself, but I've also been off work. Does anyone have any tips on being motivated to work out after a long day of working?

Thanks very much! Well done to you too! I work out before work (5am I start work at 6:30) because I have 0 motivation to do it after. the first 2-3 weeks is difficult but you slowly feel more energized at work. Once you get into a routine it's easier..

Am I the only one who goes to a gym?

The one thing I've never did in losing weight is diet. I still eat cookies, doughnuts etc just once in a while and sometimes during the week. :blush: I do get cravings for fast food but don't eat it all the time. I used to eat Subway a lot but it bothered my stomach so I stopped eating it at the end of August. My stomach doesn't bother me as much now and have no interest in it much.

I log my meals in the noom app I use and if you want to lose weight logging meals is a must. It helps you keep track of how many calories you eat and if you over eat.

I was going back in the spring and summer like 5x per week. I had lost 15 pounds, but I've gained 13 back! Waaaaa! This fall, my full-time work and school schedules started up again and the lazy bug bit me. I started using the My Fitness Pal app on 1/1 to track my calories (again) and I'd like to get back to the gym today. I think the BMI scale tells me I'm on the very low end of overweight... ugh. I hate that I gained my weight back, but I know I can get back on track.

I have to get up really early for work (5am) and even though I am more of an early bird than a nightowl I really don't want to get up even earlier to work out so I do have to do it after work..
I have dance practice every wednesday for 2 hours, so that day I don't have to worry about. over the weekend I also have enough time so I'm planning to get on my elliptical at least once during my work week and everyday on the weekends.

I don't go to a gym, I just don't want to pay that much every month for a membership. I bought the elliptical last year and even though I had times where I didn't use it much, I definitely already got my money's worth out of it.

I'm kind of excited for monday when I'll weigh in again, because I feel like I've been doing really good this week so I hope to see at least 2lbs gone :)

Today I downloaded the myfitnesspal app and I really like it. My gym membership is pretty cheap. I pay $11.30 twice a month sometimes three and I get my money's worth by going.

Yay tverb good to have you on board :)

Lucky I pay about $26 bi-weekly for mine :-(

I used to pay $22.60 but changed my membership in 2013. Now I go Sunday Tuesday and Thursday. My name is Tara so you don't have to call me tverb all the time.

I have access to a free gym on post, but it's just easier to work out at home during nap/bedtime. And honestly, I enjoy it more!

I've stayed below 1400 calories for the past few days, so I feel back on track. :happydance: Now to tackle exercise next week.

Edit: Weighed myself yesterday for the first time in months, and I've gained 3 lbs. Not bad considering how much I've ate and drank lately! My ultimate goal is to maintain at +/- 5 lbs of current weight, so I succeeded.

I have access to a free gym on post, but it's just easier to work out at home during nap/bedtime. And honestly, I enjoy it more!

I've stayed below 1400 calories for the past few days, so I feel back on track. :happydance: Now to tackle exercise next week.

Edit: Weighed myself yesterday for the first time in months, and I've gained 3 lbs. Not bad considering how much I've ate and drank lately! My ultimate goal is to maintain at +/- 5 lbs of current weight, so I succeeded.

Good for you for maintaining! Fluctuations can be huge especially for women so 3lbs really isn't a lot :)

I had a night out with my best friends, went out for dinner and cocktails so I'm sure I totally blew my calorie goal yesterday. Was extra careful during the day though and I did exercise, so I'm hoping i didn't do much damage :)
Starting today with a clean slate and a yummy chia pudding made from chocolate soy milk and tons of fruit :)

Thank you! :D

Fun days are important too, so unless you consumed a feast you probably won't see any real gain from your night. Especially if you exercised and ate less beforehand. Sounded like a fun night! Good job getting back on it today. :flower:

thanks :) And you're right fun days are important and there's nothing more worth the calories than a fun cocktail night with girlfriends :)

Its good to have a cheat day, it actually boosts your metabolism and helps you loose weight. Don't be hard on yourself you deserved a night out!

I had a cheat day yesterday. During the week I was staying under 1200 calories, totally blew that!

Does anyone know how to log walks in myfitnesspal? I did it with noom but can't figure out how with mfp.

On the smart phone app press the '+' in the top right hand corner there will be a section for cardio :)

Hi all :)

I still have a bit to lose (37 pounds at the least) but I've lost 102 pounds so far! (weigh in tomorrow morning...eek!)

I started at 324 pounds, I'm now at 222.

I'm also 5'10" so I'm pretty tall.

Hopefully you all don't mind me joining you guys :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"