Weight Loss While TTC Support Group

Im prepared for it but it the very back of my heart I'm hoping so ������

I'm an only child and always dreamed of having a sister, I love watching the bond between my girls. Sisters are definitely something special!!

Aidensxmomma: Welcome! You've been added to the front page :flower: your kids are cute :flower: so incredibly sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine going through that :hugs: great job losing 20 lbs so far! I know what you mean, sometimes the hardest part is just starting! That sounds like a great plan, I too plan to continue my new healthy lifestyle during my next pregnancy. I think we all want to look good as well as be healthy :winkwink: it will be nice to feel more sexy again! :thumbup: I don't know what my body will look like though since I got so big, I have the"mothers apron" :nope: that hangs over my c section incision. I have no idea how much is streched out skin vs fat. Only way to know what it will look like is to lose the weight.

AFM: I'm 6 dpo today, so hoping this is the cycle! It's our 3rd try, dd took 3 real tries (1 other try at the beginning before knowing anything about temping and OPK's, so our timing was way off) the weight loss journey has been great the past week at keeping my mind off testing this weekend :flower: I've also motivated my mom to be more healthy with me. It helps so much to have people irl and online to support you! I got up to 22mins on the elliptical today. Felt like I was gonna die :haha: but I did it! Now off to do some free weights :thumbup: I'm trying to mix it up as much as possible, better for losing weight and keeping me from getting bored. Is it spring yet so I can do outdoor activities?! I hate the cold!

Thank you all for joining! I look forward to going through both TTC and WL with you! We can do it!!!!

Keep me updated on your progress as much or little as you want and I will keep the front page updated :flower:

Thank you for all your kind words. :flower: I'm not sure what my body is going to look like either, since I also have problems with how my stomach looks. After losing the 20 pounds so far, though, it seems to be looking better at least. Honestly, I don't see too much of a difference but I know other people have.

That's awesome that you got your mom to get healthy with you and that you got some good time in on the elliptical! :happydance: I hate the cold too and can't wait until it's spring so that I can start going for walks/jogs again.

Still no AF! Going to test on Saturday morning if it hasn't come. My 6 month average is 32CD. Today is CD32, so I figure at CD36 I should have some accuracy. Super excited. If I am I will have to get serious immediately, I imagine I will lose during pregnancy.

I'm an only child and always dreamed of having a sister, I love watching the bond between my girls. Sisters are definitely something special!!

They are! I know its not always the case, but my sisters are truly my best friends. We hang out at least once a week, sometimes more. I know a son and daughter could be close, but my examples are poor. My DH has just a younger sister and my mother has just an older brother and they have no relationship to speak of. :nope:

Thank you for all your kind words. :flower: I'm not sure what my body is going to look like either, since I also have problems with how my stomach looks. After losing the 20 pounds so far, though, it seems to be looking better at least. Honestly, I don't see too much of a difference but I know other people have.

That's awesome that you got your mom to get healthy with you and that you got some good time in on the elliptical! :happydance: I hate the cold too and can't wait until it's spring so that I can start going for walks/jogs again.
I think we are always the last to see the change. I usually don't see it till I look back a pictures and compare. I took some pics in just my exercise bra and pants in the mirror so I have something to compare too, might take monthly pics to see my progress (like reverse of pregnancy photos! :haha: ) That's good that your stomach is looking better. That's always the most stubborn part! I know mone will look better, just not sure how much it's gonna retract... we are gonna get some 50s next week where I live, so I'm gonna get outside! Hope you get some decent weather soon to get outside! I always feel like my work outs are more intense outdide.

Still no AF! Going to test on Saturday morning if it hasn't come. My 6 month average is 32CD. Today is CD32, so I figure at CD36 I should have some accuracy. Super excited. If I am I will have to get serious immediately, I imagine I will lose during pregnancy.

Hope she never shows! I hope that if I get my bfp this month that I still lose weight in the 1st trimester. I plan to continue my healthy new habits, I'm sure it will be fine since I'm not doing some weird diet or juice fasts and whatnot. Hope you get your bfp!

AFM: dd has had a couple bad nights in a row now, muse be from teething. Yesterday I caffinated myself since she was up ever 1-2 hours :coffee: and managed to do a 30 min aerobics video. Today will have to do the same thing. It took 3 hours to get her down for bed last night, so I didn't get ANY time to just relax in the evening. I was thinking to myself during those 3 hours, I'm gonna eat what I want and not work out tomorrow. Glad I'm thinking more clearly now! Still don't wanna, but am going to anyways! Hopefully I can do the elliptical with her playing this morning so during her nap this afternoon I can nap too! I'm so tired! Wish me luck today ladies! :sleep: 8dpo today, 2 more days till testing!!!!!! Super anxious!

Hope you are all doing well and keeping up with your WL! :flower:

Sending you lots of :dust:!

They are! I know its not always the case, but my sisters are truly my best friends. We hang out at least once a week, sometimes more. I know a son and daughter could be close, but my examples are poor. My DH has just a younger sister and my mother has just an older brother and they have no relationship to speak of. :nope:

AFM: dd has had a couple bad nights in a row now, muse be from teething. Yesterday I caffinated myself since she was up ever 1-2 hours :coffee: and managed to do a 30 min aerobics video. Today will have to do the same thing. It took 3 hours to get her down for bed last night, so I didn't get ANY time to just relax in the evening. I was thinking to myself during those 3 hours, I'm gonna eat what I want and not work out tomorrow. Glad I'm thinking more clearly now! Still don't wanna, but am going to anyways! Hopefully I can do the elliptical with her playing this morning so during her nap this afternoon I can nap too! I'm so tired! Wish me luck today ladies! :sleep: 8dpo today, 2 more days till testing!!!!!! Super anxious!

Hope you are all doing well and keeping up with your WL! :flower:

Sorry to hear that you LO has had a couple bad nights. Hopefully you get that nap in today!

As for the thing about siblings, I have just one sibling - a younger brother - and we are super close. My brother is one of my best friends. And it's nice because he's also my OH's best friend. :haha: We didn't get along very well when we were younger and in our teens, but now we're close and see each other as much as we can. It's been especially true now that my brother has become a parent as well. :flower:

I am doing so terrible with my weigh-loss goals so far. :dohh: My plan today is to actually make a work-out plan and hopefully get it started. It's really difficult not being able to go for walks like I'd like to, so I'm going to have to get creative. I think once I have an actually written-out plan, it'll be easier to stick to. I think I'm going to try some of the 30-day challenges I've seen.

Does anyone have any good ideas for little workouts I can do at home with no equipment?

As for TTC, I'm stuck in a very weird limbo at the moment. My last period was December 1st. I've always had long cycles so when I started bleeding on January 11, I thought it was just my period. But the bleeding stopped within 12 hours and I've just had some spotting since then. Not quite sure what to make of it. :shrug: There's a small chance this could have been implantation bleeding, so if AF doesn't come full-force by January 18, I'll be testing again :happydance:

Sorry to hear that you LO has had a couple bad nights. Hopefully you get that nap in today!

As for the thing about siblings, I have just one sibling - a younger brother - and we are super close. My brother is one of my best friends. And it's nice because he's also my OH's best friend. :haha: We didn't get along very well when we were younger and in our teens, but now we're close and see each other as much as we can. It's been especially true now that my brother has become a parent as well. :flower:

I am doing so terrible with my weigh-loss goals so far. :dohh: My plan today is to actually make a work-out plan and hopefully get it started. It's really difficult not being able to go for walks like I'd like to, so I'm going to have to get creative. I think once I have an actually written-out plan, it'll be easier to stick to. I think I'm going to try some of the 30-day challenges I've seen.

Does anyone have any good ideas for little workouts I can do at home with no equipment?

As for TTC, I'm stuck in a very weird limbo at the moment. My last period was December 1st. I've always had long cycles so when I started bleeding on January 11, I thought it was just my period. But the bleeding stopped within 12 hours and I've just had some spotting since then. Not quite sure what to make of it. :shrug: There's a small chance this could have been implantation bleeding, so if AF doesn't come full-force by January 18, I'll be testing again :happydance:

thanks! I didn't end up getting a nap, she only took a 30 min nap :sleep: oh well! Glad I did my workout in the morning, I wouldn't have cared later in the day! On a good note, she fell asleep no problem last night and had her normal 2 wake ups. So feeling much better today, especially since I went to bed at 830! :haha:

Glad to know a boy and girl could have a great relationship. I knew it was possible, just don't have bad examples in my family. still I have to admit I would prefer another girl, just because I grew up with sisters and loved it so much.. But would be ecstatic to have a boy too. :flower:

sorry you are having trouble getting started with the weight loss. I hope making you plan does help you out. For indoor options without equipment I recommend CafeMom videos on YouTube. They are free and they are pretty hard and she has quite a few to pick from. Also I bought those elastic resistance bands and you can do a lot of different workouts with your arms and legs with those. And they don't take up hardly any space and cost $10-15. I'm lucky to have an elliptical machine in my house. So what has worked for me is to do every other day on the elliptical and then the days in between I do those work out videos. Also adding in some free weights or resistance bands and sit ups here and there.

hope it turns out you get your BFP! That is strange bleeding for only 12 hours I've never experienced that before. All that's happened to me a couple times is very light bleeding (just barely more than spotting) about 9 days into my cycle for a few hours after AF was done for 1-2 days :shrug: this has happened twice to me now since my period came back after having DD about 5 months ago now, if it happens again I'll get it checked out.

Did one of my cafemom videos OMG thet are so hard! Doesnt help that I'm soooo out of shape! Will be nice when working out isn't *quite* as hard! DD just sat, ate her snack and watched the workout video and kept pointing and laughing at me! :haha:

I'm 9dpo today, had some cramping yesterday and temp hasn't started to drop yet, like it did last month. Couldn't help myself and tested, of course bfn, too early. With dd it wasn't till late in the day 10 dpo that I got my first positive. I also think I'm closer to 8.5 dpo since I think O was later in the evening...

Will be testing again in the morning, and each morning after till AF. Which according to previous cycles will be saturday, only have had a 10 day LP so far. But taking bcomplex so hopefully that helps! Would love even 11 or 12 days. Or for her to just not show up at all would be best!! FX really hope 3rd try is a charm!

Hope all you ladies are doing well!

Attachments

• 20150115_095101.jpg
    20150115_095101.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2
Hi. I saw this post and would love to join if that is ok. We just started TTC. This month was more of a NTNP month. I am waiting to see if AF shows up. I have been working on losing weight for awhile now. I have a lot to lose. I have already lost 28.2 pds. My current weight is 268.8. My goal is 165. I would love to be part of this group.

Hi. I saw this post and would love to join if that is ok. We just started TTC. This month was more of a NTNP month. I am waiting to see if AF shows up. I have been working on losing weight for awhile now. I have a lot to lose. I have already lost 28.2 pds. My current weight is 268.8. My goal is 165. I would love to be part of this group.

Sure can! Welcome!

Are you TTC #1?

Sounds like you have a great start so far with your weight loss! What are you doing to loose the weight, tracking calories, type of exercise, etc? Keep up the great work!

Thanks for Allowing me to join. Weight has been a struggle for me since college. I have gained and lost weight several times. Always seems to be more when it comes back. We are TTC #1. We just started this month but I have been working on the weight loss for a few months. I use myfitnesspal app to track calories. I work out about 4-5 days. I hired a trainer for one day a week. Figured it was something worth paying the money for. He gave me a lifting plan for two more days a week and then I do cardio on elliptical or treadmill. Being healthy to be healthier during pregnancy and be a healthier mom is really motivating. I do plan to continue being active and healthy during pregnancy once I get that BFP. We just started this month but not fully trying so not counting on it. I went of BC in August. CYcles were fairly normal since but I wasn't tracking. Then I went end of Oct to Dec 17th without AF. It finally came but now I am not completely sure when it's due or when I O'd. I am hoping the big gap in time was the change in my routine and won't be regular. Went to gyn on Weds and he said I am really healthy other then the weight so I am just going to keep at it and hopefully get my BFP when time is right.

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing well. I am doing my first TWW. I was reading through everyone's posts from before I found this. I saw some of you said you might still lose in first trimester. You can do that? I didn't know that. I don't know to much tho. This is our first and I don't know what you can and can not do yet. Trying to read up alittle tho.

Thanks for Allowing me to join. Weight has been a struggle for me since college. I have gained and lost weight several times. Always seems to be more when it comes back. We are TTC #1. We just started this month but I have been working on the weight loss for a few months. I use myfitnesspal app to track calories. I work out about 4-5 days. I hired a trainer for one day a week. Figured it was something worth paying the money for. He gave me a lifting plan for two more days a week and then I do cardio on elliptical or treadmill. Being healthy to be healthier during pregnancy and be a healthier mom is really motivating. I do plan to continue being active and healthy during pregnancy once I get that BFP. We just started this month but not fully trying so not counting on it. I went of BC in August. CYcles were fairly normal since but I wasn't tracking. Then I went end of Oct to Dec 17th without AF. It finally came but now I am not completely sure when it's due or when I O'd. I am hoping the big gap in time was the change in my routine and won't be regular. Went to gyn on Weds and he said I am really healthy other then the weight so I am just going to keep at it and hopefully get my BFP when time is right.

I know what you mean, my weight has gone up and down since high school. I get motivated, lose all the weight, but then end up right back where I was or worse... I hope I can keep a healthier lifestyle for good this time! That's awesome to have a trainer to help, even just once a day. I need to hire someone for everyday to just follow me around and yell at me! Haha! Sounds like you have a good plan going! Also welcome to TTC! Are you just taking a relaxed approach or doing opks and charting, etc?

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing well. I am doing my first TWW. I was reading through everyone's posts from before I found this. I saw some of you said you might still lose in first trimester. You can do that? I didn't know that. I don't know to much tho. This is our first and I don't know what you can and can not do yet. Trying to read up alittle tho.

Congrats on your first TWW! Hope it goes by fast for you! I'd suggest talking to your doctor first. But with my research. If overweight, more than by like 10 lbs or something. Chances are you will still lose weight at the beginning. They don't suggest "dieting" but just being healthy wont harm a baby.

I'd increase my Calories a bit, but chances are since I was eating SO poorly (fast food, huge servings, tons of sweets, including containers of frosting) and not doing ANY exercise.That by just eating food that's good, and not overeating and being active I will still lose some weight if I get pregnant, at least early on.

So no not doing some crazy diet or juice cleanses or something. But I don't know of any doctor that would advise you to continue in your very unhealthy ways to ensure you don't lose any weight :haha:

11dpo today and AF came :growlmad: so onto the next cycle! Hate that my LP is only 10 days :nope: this will be cycle 4. Hope this is the one!

Positive note, down another 3 lbs this week! Whoo hoo! :happydance: one good thing is I have 1 more month now to get healthier before hopefully being pregnant!

Hope eveyone is having a good weekend!

11dpo today and AF came :growlmad: so onto the next cycle! Hate that my LP is only 10 days :nope: this will be cycle 4. Hope this is the one!

Positive note, down another 3 lbs this week! Whoo hoo! :happydance: one good thing is I have 1 more month now to get healthier before hopefully being pregnant!

Hope eveyone is having a good weekend!

Sorry to hear the :witch: got you. Sending you tons and tons of :dust: for this next cycle!

Congrats on losing another 3 pounds!

I'm still not getting a real good start to this whole weight loss thing. :dohh: My goal is to have a whole plan mapped out before Monday and then stick to it. I'm also going to try to post my workout and whatnot every day here, if nothing else just to keep me accountable. :thumbup:

Congrats on a three pound loss. That is awesome. I didn't do well this week myself. This has been my first TWW and I let the stress get to me. I didn't realize it would be so stressful. My body is still adjusting to being off of BC so every little symptom I would be thinking is this a sign. I never had PMS symptoms before when on pill so have to get used to it. I started spotting today so pretty sure AF is on the way so on to next month. At least I can get focused agian on weight loss and hopefully get some more off over the next month and now I know my cycle. It was all off for awhile but at least I know what it is now. Does anyone have any suggestions to deal with the TWW and the stress?

Hi Ladies... Congrats to all of you that have lost lbs! Great job. I'm a nutritional counselor and fitness trainer. If anyone has any questions please feel free to msg me. I think its awesome that you are thinking about your health while ttc! Its not easy to lose the weight when baby comes, so it's great to start out your pgy at a healthy weight. Also, focusing on fitness and health keeps your mind off baby making, which is the hardest thing to do, but from stories I read sounds like way to get pg.
GL Girls!!! xoxoxoxo :dust:

Sorry to hear the :witch: got you. Sending you tons and tons of :dust: for this next cycle!

Congrats on losing another 3 pounds!

I'm still not getting a real good start to this whole weight loss thing. :dohh: My goal is to have a whole plan mapped out before Monday and then stick to it. I'm also going to try to post my workout and whatnot every day here, if nothing else just to keep me accountable. :thumbup:

Thanks! I'm so happy I'm finally super motivated! Sounds great! Feel free to post everyday! I know it helps me! My mom and I check in with each other everyday and it makes a big difference. Today is my 1 day off a week from exercise. Good timing since AF is awful today! You can do it! Look forward to hearing what you do for exercise tomorrow!

Congrats on a three pound loss. That is awesome. I didn't do well this week myself. This has been my first TWW and I let the stress get to me. I didn't realize it would be so stressful. My body is still adjusting to being off of BC so every little symptom I would be thinking is this a sign. I never had PMS symptoms before when on pill so have to get used to it. I started spotting today so pretty sure AF is on the way so on to next month. At least I can get focused agian on weight loss and hopefully get some more off over the next month and now I know my cycle. It was all off for awhile but at least I know what it is now. Does anyone have any suggestions to deal with the TWW and the stress?

Thanks! Sorry the tww stressed you out so much. Honestly other than keeping busy and focusing on other things not much advise I can give you. I think we all get at least a little stress and/or anxious during the tww. I mean at the end of the wait you could get (and are hoping for) life changing news! Focusing on my WL this time has helped me keep my mind off it a lot.

Glad you know your cycle better! And I see the same positive side this month, one more month to get more healthy! What dpo are you?

Hi Ladies... Congrats to all of you that have lost lbs! Great job. I'm a nutritional counselor and fitness trainer. If anyone has any questions please feel free to msg me. I think its awesome that you are thinking about your health while ttc! Its not easy to lose the weight when baby comes, so it's great to start out your pgy at a healthy weight. Also, focusing on fitness and health keeps your mind off baby making, which is the hardest thing to do, but from stories I read sounds like way to get pg.
GL Girls!!! xoxoxoxo :dust:

Thank you for your kind words :flower:

Today is my 1 day a week off from exercise. Feels good to relax! Especially since AF is really bad today, cramps, headache, heavy flow and super tired! However yesterday tried jogging for the 1st time in forever, I managed 1.5 miles in 20 mins, with no stopping! Also where I live is mountainous so my sub is VERY hilly making it extra hard! It was nice to not have my dd in the stroller to push(dh home so he watched her) Tried running with her the day before, hahaha, I managed 5 minutes at a time! Who knew running up hill while out of shape, overweight and pushing an extra 50 lbs would be hard??:haha:

Can't wait to get into the 150's even seeing 159 would thrill me! It's been so long! That's about the weight my wedding rings stopped fitting, never sized them since it costs so much. I look forward to wearing them again

I am going to focus a lot this time on Weight Loss. Not let everything else get me all stressed. It's hard but I just have to let it happen. I know being healthier is better for me and a baby anyway. I have really gotten back to my routine. Did the elliptical for 45 both Saturday and Sunday. Today will be a lifting day. I am off work today for MLK day so I have extra time. Going to go grocery shopping and prep my food as well. My husband works 2nd shift so I have lots of time at night to get stuff done.

I am not completely sure what DPO I am. I think today would be 13. I didn't track much last time. New to it all. Did kind of pay attention to CM because I read some about it. If it follows that exactly it would of been the 5th or 6th but no way to know for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->