Weight loss while WTT

Unfortunately, I hurt or pulled my bicep in my left arm on Sunday and it's still sore now.I'll see how I feel in the morning if I'm going to work on my arms or legs.I don't want to work on a sore muscle and make it even worse.

Hey! Can I join?

We've been TTC for a while now and did an IVF cycle which resulted in a miscarriage. Before we do another cycle I told DH that I want to lose 30lb.
I signed up for medifast and started yesterday.
My starting weight was 159 and my goal is 125-130.
I'm finding it really challenging, but I'm motivated to lose the eight so that we can try again!
I hope I won't have trouble maintaining once I transition off the diet, and hopefully get pregnant again.

Sure you can join! :) I lost 50 lbs in less than four years.It's very hard but worth it!!

I hope your arm is feeling better Tara! Its hard when you have an injury but most important thing is to let your body rest :flower:

Welcome Rebecca! Best of luck in your journey hun. How does medifast work?

AFM, I am back full swing into calorie tracking and working out after a 2 week break. Maintained perfectly during the break. I'm on day 3 of tracking again and I'm down another pound already! Weigh in this morning put me officially down 65 pounds!!! I have no idea how much more I want to lose. I'm sitting at 156 right now (I'm 5'9" ) and I'm thinking 6-10 more pounds will put me where I'm comfortable. I graduated high school at 140 and really don't feel like I need to get down that far, but I guess you never know!

I'm finding that going strong for 2 months and then taking a few weeks off to maintain and reset my metabolism and my motivation is working really well for me.

Not doing really well at the moment, I have been struggling with food recently, I just want to eat and eat. Looking into doing cambridge plan to get a bit of control back. I have come off the mini pill so think this is part of the problem.

I am a huge snacker and like to just graze all day. I've found what helps is one tracking calories. Seeing the numbers of what I am eating helps me stay motivated to not snack as much. Also, removing all sweets/junk from the house. If its there, I'll eat it but if not, then I can't. Finally, I changed a lot of what we eat to a healthy alternative. Ie- no more potato chips but instead we have baked snap peas, lentil snaps and veggie straws. No normal cookies/chocolate but we do have 100 calorie pack cookies and peanut butter chocolate protein bars (just have to watch sugars with these). That way we still get salty/sweet but in moderation and not with all the junk.

To be successful with weight loss, I found it beat not to think of it as a diet. Its truly an overhaul of your eating habits and a lifestyle change.

Its hardest at yhr beginning as your body almost detoxes from sugars etc. Back off slowly and allow yourself some flexibility. It's ridiculous to think "I'll never get to have XYZ" again because that just makes you crave it more. Instead maybe have 2 days a month where you get to have a special treat. That might make it easier on a day to day to make better food choices.

You can do it!! Take it one day at a time, one meal at a time if you have to

Thats what I was thinking. One day week when I will have a treat. Do you use myfitnesspal.

Yes, I use MFP. It's a lot better than it used to be and is pretty easy to use. I recommend if you eat a lot of the same things meal to meal to save the meals so its easier to record. Its really been an invaluable tool for me to stay on track

My arm is feeling a lot better thanks. :) I really like using MFP to log my meals except days when I know I've gone over my limit. :haha::blush:

I hope your arm is feeling better Tara! Its hard when you have an injury but most important thing is to let your body rest :flower:

Welcome Rebecca! Best of luck in your journey hun. How does medifast work?

AFM, I am back full swing into calorie tracking and working out after a 2 week break. Maintained perfectly during the break. I'm on day 3 of tracking again and I'm down another pound already! Weigh in this morning put me officially down 65 pounds!!! I have no idea how much more I want to lose. I'm sitting at 156 right now (I'm 5'9" ) and I'm thinking 6-10 more pounds will put me where I'm comfortable. I graduated high school at 140 and really don't feel like I need to get down that far, but I guess you never know!

I'm finding that going strong for 2 months and then taking a few weeks off to maintain and reset my metabolism and my motivation is working really well for me.

Medi fast is basically meal replacements. You eat 5 smaller meals each day and 1 "lean and green" you also drink half your body weight in water up to 100oz. So if you weigh 150 than your drink 75oz. If you weight 220 you're still only drinking 100oz.
You're supposed to eat right when you wake up and eat the small meal replacements every 2-3 hours.
The beginning was hard and I felt hungry and headache. I'm on day 5 and feeling great!! I lost 3 pounds so far and looking forward to getting on the scale in the morning.

Nice!!! Congrats on the weight loss!!

Glad your arm is doing better Tara!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"