Weight watchers?

K

keelykat

Has anyone been on the weight watchers diet?

My husband needs to loose a fair amount of weight, and someone at work has told him she is on weight watchers and you can get 12 week sessions free on the NHS if your BMI is over 30 (which his is sadly). So he'll be ringing the doctors up to today to ask if this is possible.

I don't have a massive amount to loose (10lbs) but still would like to help myself as I help him to loose weight.

I really want him to feel happier about himself.

keely.

I've been on it before and did quite well then went downhill (my own fault).

i started W W in feb, so far lost 50 lbs got another 35 to go.
i went to docs and was offered a free 12 week course, cant remember the name but it wasnt W W but there was a long waiting list 4 it so didnt bother.
good luck x

I think Rosemary Conley classes have some connection with different PCTs for weightloss. Not sure if this is what you're referring to. Good luck though.

Im on WW and have lost 4lbs in 3 weeks but i havent tried that hard :lol:

I lost 3 stone on it and have gone from a size 16-18 to a size 10. I am currently a gold member and am maintaining atm. It is a good diet, really easy to follow.

Thanks for the replies, he's got an appointment with the nurse tonight to get the ball rolling (but has been trying his best to follow the points thing for the past two days by hunting down info on the net).

Has he worked out how many hes allowed?

Yes, he found out how to work out how many points he should be having for his weight right now. Will be glad when he does get to a meeting though, for the support and make sure he gets the correct information.

yeh i go to the meetings and find it much better - plus my scales always say the wrong thing!! LOL

i love weight watchers, i first started it 4 half yrs ago after having sophie, lost over 50llb in 8 months, went down hill when i thought i could loose some more on my own w/o going to get weighed and i put 14llb back on in 2 yrs which isnt too bad really but not as good as keeping it off :) rejoined a yr ago and lost 22llb in about 10 months (i must have been doing well cos they asked me to be leader lol) will defo be going back on it in 9 months time!

my tip would be to buy the journels it has 12 weeks worth of tracking, in the metting they only give you a small piece of paper with 7 days on it to write what you eat and points etc but its not very big, i wrote everything down in my journel and its easier if you have a bad week to just look back to when you did well and see whats you did differently. Also i used to fill up on 0 points stuff at meal times and stay for meetings if possible, i couldnt always and those weeks tended to be my bad weeks

Yeh the journal idea is fab, i have to go back to this, i made a journal before i was going to the meeting, and i think by doing that, it made me lose more weight, i donno cos i kinda felt embarressed if id put that i ate junk food if you know what i mean

yea i felt the same, always just incase the leader wanted to see what i had been eating that week lol. Another tip is dont deprive yourself of certain things, you'l end up slipping or something, i used to save a couple of points a day then use those points to have a treat at the weekend, i never felt i was missing out that way.

i love weight watchers, i first started it 4 half yrs ago after having sophie, lost over 50llb in 8 months, went down hill when i thought i could loose some more on my own w/o going to get weighed and i put 14llb back on in 2 yrs which isnt too bad really but not as good as keeping it off :) rejoined a yr ago and lost 22llb in about 10 months (i must have been doing well cos they asked me to be leader lol) will defo be going back on it in 9 months time!

my tip would be to buy the journels it has 12 weeks worth of tracking, in the metting they only give you a small piece of paper with 7 days on it to write what you eat and points etc but its not very big, i wrote everything down in my journel and its easier if you have a bad week to just look back to when you did well and see whats you did differently. Also i used to fill up on 0 points stuff at meal times and stay for meetings if possible, i couldnt always and those weeks tended to be my bad weeks

I have a thread about ww online but not many replies :nope:, I saw this thread and its quite interesting reading what people think, I think Im gonna start it online this weekend, my friend does it online and says the website is fab and we can support each other with it

Im planning on saving 4 points a day if I can then having a takeaway on a Saturday nite as we normally do so I dont feel like im depriving myself

What sort of 0 points foods did u have with dinners to fill u up?

0 point soup is a good one hun,

loads of veggies, tinned tomateos and chicken stock!! :)

well my hubby isnt old enough to have the sessions on the nhs! hes been told they are only letting 45-50 year olds do it. So looks like he'll have to do it alone, with support off me and family of course. Not ideal i know. Sounds terrible, but we really dont have £5 a week spare at the mo for the sessions.

His mom is getting the sessions free, as she lost a lot of weight and is mantaining her target weight, so im sure she'll help as much as possible.

well my hubby isnt old enough to have the sessions on the nhs! hes been told they are only letting 45-50 year olds do it. So looks like he'll have to do it alone, with support off me and family of course. Not ideal i know. Sounds terrible, but we really dont have £5 a week spare at the mo for the sessions.

His mom is getting the sessions free, as she lost a lot of weight and is mantaining her target weight, so im sure she'll help as much as possible.

could he do it online, only costs £10 a month then :thumbup: rather than £5 a week

What sort of 0 points foods did u have with dinners to fill u up?

depending on the meal it would either be a nice salad in the summer or some veggies in the winter. when you join you will get loads of info and theres a newish thing that started a few months back about filling foods, helps you pick the foods that are low points and will fill you up for longer.

WEEK 1: Husband- 4lbs lost.
Me-2 1/4 lbs lost (i'm not totally following it if im honest-im increasing my exercise and cutting down).

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->