weird dip in lp

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has seen anything similar and what panned out. My lp charts have had mid cycle dips of .2, but my temps are all within a .2 range once I hit my plateau after o temp. I have a slow rise pattern so it takes 2-3 days. My chart is in my sig so you can click it and ignore the narrative lol. And nothing changed in the last week with house temps or stress or diet or sleep or temp time... all the same

This cycle, at 6dpo, my temp dropped over half a degree. I got excited, but it only rose to 98.1. Having temped while pregnant before, that is a non-registered temp to me. Pregnant is usually 98.5 or higher. I resigned myself to AF coming (I have also had slow temp falls into af once) but my temp went back up to 98.4

So has anyone seen this weird three day dip mid lp? My lp is 12 days btw. Could I be pregnant (lol I hate that question), did I ovulate two eggs, is it just a fluke, maybe I caught a cold... ahhhghhb

Ive seen erratic bbt charts like that on ff as i often have a look and some of them end with a bfp.

Hi

Yes my temp dipped at 6dpo and then shot back up to 98.04 for a couple of days- positive test on 9dpo :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 4
I had the same thing on 7 DPO and the temp only slightly increased at 8 DPO. Got my BFP at 9 DPO.
Best of luck testing!

So far stark white bfns. Feel gutted. Begged my gyn for a blood test. Hoping she agrees

How are you doing? Your chart looks really good temp wise

I want to tear my hair out. Got a beta done Wednesday afternoon and got my usual not pregnant level of 1. My chart is still teasing me. The green line is this cycle and the other two are cycles since my iud was out

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-03-05-37-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-03-05-37-16.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 7
That dip could be caused by a secondary oestrogen surge, which happens a few days after ovulation and is due to the corpus luteum (the remains of your egg's follicle still left behind in your ovary) creating oestrogen.

From wikipedia's entry on luteal phases. "Several days after ovulation, the increasing amount of oestrogen produced by the corpus luteum may cause one or two days of fertile cervical mucus, lower basal body temperatures, or both. This is known as a "secondary oestrogen surge"."

Sorry to hear your beta came back negative. Your chart looks great. Maybe you implanted slightly later and there is still time for a BFP! Fingers crossed for you!

Yeah, I usually get that dip around that time. Just never quite that low. Shrugs. My temp should have dropped and spotting today. So clinging to hope it was just a late implant and I get a bfp tonight or tomorrow. Something is going on down there. Either a baby get cozy or af coming out of hiding

Your chart looks good! Fingers and toes crossed for you

Turns out the something was diarrhea lol tmi? Ty I haven't had any pre af spotting today. I am so hoping to get a bfp in the morning, but terrified my temp is going to drop.

Beauty fades with time. My temp dropped almost half a degree. I'm out

You're not out til she shows :hugs: when is she due

The evening of the day that I got a positive pregnancy test with my daughter I had a big temp drop too. I was sure I was out, but then tested in the evening because, you know, poas addiction, and I got a very faint BFP. Hope she stays away and you get a faint BFp soon!

She was sue today. Usually my temp drops slowly anywhere from 10-12dpo. For the last 4 cycles I have had spotting the day before she comes at 12dpo (yesterday) and then the morning of 13 dpo she comes full force. I didn't see her when I got up to poas and feed the cats, but I had a weird pain in my abdomen/was crampy. I had a lot of "contractions" yesterday that I get when I am bleeding but all that came out waa milky discharge shrugs ahhh so annoyed lol

You mean cramps? I had a lot of AF like cramps and lots of CM before my BFP. There were many times when i was sure she just arrived only to find an abundance of CM HAHA
Still holding out hope for your BFP!

Kind of like cramps. You know when you are about to pass a clot or a lot of blood and you feel your uterus like sqqqquuuuezzzing it out? Lol sorry for the gross description. I have had this before my last bfp but I have also had it before af. I still haven't had any blood today. So tomorrow will tell. Maybe. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->