weird nursery worker..

well i went in this morning and the staff were much nicer again, apart from one (the one who had questions me alongside the weird one on wednesday) who was quiet and walked off to do something else.

the staff apologied for not being friendly yesterday and not telling me how the kids were, aparently they were like that when everybody came to pick up their children and they had a complaint about it.

i still havent spoken with the manager about the weird one but i feel a bit better knowing that the staff werent being off because of that but because they were all having a rough day!

I'd very politely refuse to answer her personal questions and tell her you don't think it's very professional and it's none of her business. If it continues speak to her line manager and mention the other one too. She's out of order and you should not be made to feel uncomfortable about leaving your children there. you need to feel secure about the place. Hope it improves.

Hopefully it was just a coincidence the funny one and the off staff at the same time.

Be sure to put her in her place in the future with her questions though.

Thats creepy.Could you talk to whoever manages the nursery about her being so weird?Thats what I would do.x

i would do that as well , and next time i won't have conversation with her again just smile and walk pass her. i give people unfriendly smile if you know what i mean if i don[t want them near my baby.

well i went in this morning and the staff were much nicer again, apart from one (the one who had questions me alongside the weird one on wednesday) who was quiet and walked off to do something else.

the staff apologied for not being friendly yesterday and not telling me how the kids were, aparently they were like that when everybody came to pick up their children and they had a complaint about it.

i still havent spoken with the manager about the weird one but i feel a bit better knowing that the staff werent being off because of that but because they were all having a rough day!

Yeah, it happens, I know I'd had the odd day where its been so hardcore with all the children - days where 2 children throw up, 3 run high fevers, and so while everythings stressful the other children feed off that energy and go crazy! - by the time parents are picking up your so overwhelmed you cant even remember half the childrens names, let alone how their day was!!!

You know what, its seriously hard work talking to EVERY SINGLE parent like their child is the ONLY child you took care of that day. I had parents who expected me to give them a minute for minute run down of their childs day, every day and I'm thinking I've got 13 babies to watch (between 3 staff)! Honestly, my memory isn't THAT good. Also, I think I was working with babies/children because I'm not so good at talking to adults!!! I'd get nervous talking to some parents and so I'd forget what I was saying!!!

Have you had a chance to talk to the manager? Goodluck! Surely the manager will put a stop to it.

Maybe she asks those personal questions because she knows you will answer them. Most people will answer one or two and then ask "Why are you asking all these questions?" Dont play her game.Actually sounds a bit like jealousy to me.... Next time she starts her "sherlock game" ask her why she is so interested in your personal life? I feel it's a bit rude to ask so many questions to someone your not even close to.You have no obligation to her.She is an employee not a friend.

Yeah, it happens, I know I'd had the odd day where its been so hardcore with all the children - days where 2 children throw up, 3 run high fevers, and so while everythings stressful the other children feed off that energy and go crazy! - by the time parents are picking up your so overwhelmed you cant even remember half the childrens names, let alone how their day was!!!

You know what, its seriously hard work talking to EVERY SINGLE parent like their child is the ONLY child you took care of that day. I had parents who expected me to give them a minute for minute run down of their childs day, every day and I'm thinking I've got 13 babies to watch (between 3 staff)! Honestly, my memory isn't THAT good. Also, I think I was working with babies/children because I'm not so good at talking to adults!!! I'd get nervous talking to some parents and so I'd forget what I was saying!!!

Have you had a chance to talk to the manager? Goodluck! Surely the manager will put a stop to it.

just wanted to say that Ffion gets one on one care and Rhys gets 2 to 1 care so its not like they have lots of children to care for all at the same time... not a dig at you, just explaining the circumstances.. if they had lots of children to care for i would not expect them to stand and talk me through their day minute by minute!

the weird nursery worker hasnt been in since the day i posted last week!! weird... i havent asked why she hasnt been there... maybe she had other issues too? im not sure! just very realieved she hasnt been there

Im not sure if the ratios are different in OZ but i know here that its one 1:2 for children under 1 1:3 for children under 2 1:4 for children under 3 1:8 for children under 5. these are set by ofsted and nurseries have to follow these and do better if they can x

Im not sure if the ratios are different in OZ but i know here that its one 1:2 for children under 1 1:3 for children under 2 1:4 for children under 3 1:8 for children under 5. these are set by ofsted and nurseries have to follow these and do better if they can x

my kids go to a private, family run nursery, so they have much better ratios that the government standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->