weird one - how long to keep wee!?

Gingerspice

Reaction score
So I ordered a PT online which should arrive tomorrow.

It will most likely be waiting for me when I get back from the office.

OH is coming home tomorrow after a stint away so we're going to take the test when he's back in the evening, but given it'll be only something like 12DPO I want to use the morning wee to get as strong a result if it is possible I am pregnant. (He's then away again so its either Wednesday to test with him or then wait until next week)

Obviously I could get the morning sample and then dip the test in in the evening, but I have no idea if there's a limit as to how long urine 'is good for' in terms of tests etc.

during my last pregnancy the MW would insist on morning wee so I'd take a sample in the morning then take that with me, even if it was late in the day. I seem to recall there was a period of time where it was best to pop in the fridge to then take to the appointment.

Anyone know if I could hold it just out in the room? Do I need to put it in fridge?

can you not just hold in your wee for a few hours beforehand? the more concentrated the wee is the better, thats why fmu is recommended because you have not had a wee for the night usually.

I dont think you should keep it more than a couple of hours, I read the hcg starts breaking down if left too long. I agree with the above, hold it in for a good few hours and don't drink too much.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->