Welcome Aleksandra Hanna!

MnGmakes3

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Hope you enjoy reading my birth story :)
We were super anxious to get baby girl into the world. After 4 checks for dilation between 38 and 40 weeks and 0 good news we decided to induce at exactly 41 weeks. I never thought I'd be able to do this...

I was induced on Sunday, October 18th. We headed in to the hospital for 7 pm and they inserted the foley shortly after 930pm. Doctor had told us that they only expected me to be 3cm dilated in the morning so we settled in for the night.
I was feeling pretty good but started to feel crampy around midnight so they offered me a sleeping pill to get me through the night. I dont even like to take tylenol for headaches but they assured me I would be ok.That was probably the worst decision I've ever made. Never again! I remember hallucinating, feeling super dizzy and in tons of pain with the foley still in The night ended up to be a blur.
In the morning the doctor checked me and to everyone's surprise I was 6cm dilated. Holy crap! This is really happening. Doctors started pitocin to get things going and We called our parents thinking for sure LO would be here that day. I had asked for an epi and though I stopped feeling any pain I got super sick from it and puked almost every time I had to move or lay down to be checked out. Can't have it all right? I now have an aversion to orange flavored anything... Haha
Fast forward 8 hours later I was still at 7cm and getting more and more uncomfortable. At that point Doctor came in to break my water. With parents still waiting and it being close to the end of the day we were losing hope and thinking about a section. 2 hours later they checked and I only moved to 8cm.
The rest of the day went from bad to worse on the pain scale. I got my epi renewed bc the contractions were getting so so bad, I remember begging for the section at that point. I was pain free for a while when out of nowhere the contractions amped up and I thought I was going to die!
I was checked again and sure enough I was fully dilated.
I pushed in total for just over an hour, with contractions being about 2 mins apart and so strong that I couldn't even lift my legs anymore. If I heard one more person say good job I was going to lose my mind haha
After 30 hours of labor, at 00:11 I felt the doctor pull out our big baby girl! I look at her now and wonder how she even fit in their for so long!
I ended up with a bad 3rd degree tear and about 3 hours worth of nausea and light headedness but it was all worth it for our beautiful girl!

https://i61.tinypic.com/2uos180.jpg
https://i59.tinypic.com/1z1qq6o.jpg

I loved reading your birth story, thank you so much for sharing! :hugs: I'm sorry you had such a long and hard labor. I'm so glad you and baby Allie were healthy and okay after all of that. She's absolutely beautiful!!!! Congrats!!! <3 :hugs:

Congrats!!! she's beautiful! sorry you had such a rough time but the end result is sure worth it!

Well done, you done fantastic. I'm wishing you a quick a speedy recovery. She is so beautiful. Take your time and relax now you done amazing.

Congratulations! I hope you have a speedy recovery :flower:

Congratulations hun she beautiful xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"