Welcome to Pregnancy Over 35

Well, I am in need of some guidance it seems. I am 34, soon to be 35 tomorrow, June 10th. I am 5w pregnant. This forum is for pregnancy over 35 so I am not sure if I should be here or not. The other forum is for younger mothers. I am not sure where I fit in :shrug:

I thought for years about having another baby; my boys are 16 and 13. Their father and I divorced a few years ago. I remarried in 2009 and I have always desperately wanted a little girl. I had only a few years remaining with my boys and this decision of getting pregnant was really difficult for me. I finally convinced myself I wasn't too old to have another baby but now, all I read about is higher chances of miscarriage, amniocentesis being strongly advised, and increased chances of something going wrong.

Well, I am in need of some guidance it seems. I am 34, soon to be 35 tomorrow, June 10th. I am 5w pregnant. This forum is for pregnancy over 35 so I am not sure if I should be here or not. The other forum is for younger mothers. I am not sure where I fit in :shrug:

I thought for years about having another baby; my boys are 16 and 13. Their father and I divorced a few years ago. I remarried in 2009 and I have always desperately wanted a little girl. I had only a few years remaining with my boys and this decision of getting pregnant was really difficult for me. I finally convinced myself I wasn't too old to have another baby but now, all I read about is higher chances of miscarriage, amniocentesis being strongly advised, and increased chances of something going wrong.

Course you can join. Its great to be able to talk with people who are similar ages and situations. Welcome and congratulations. xx

Thank you TerriLou; sorry for the gloomy post. Those darn hormones! They sneak up at the darndest times :dohh:

hello ! I'm Sophie from france and i live in US.
I'm 36 and 6 weeks pregnant. I have a 2 year old beautiful daughter.
This pregnancy is little scary because I had a miscarriage last year at 12 weeks and one in 2007 at 10 weeks. Hope everything will go great like during the pregnancy of my daughter. It's true that pregnancy after 35 can be more difficult ! Nice to jon your ladies !

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! Our own message board and lots of over 35 mummies. :D x x

Guess it's time to graduate! I got my BFP on Friday (I turned 39 on Tuesday, happy b-day me!) and I'm so nervous that I wasn't ready to join a pg forum, but then again it wouldn't feel right to post about my nerves on the TTC forum. So here I am, really glad to see some familiar faces and looking forward to getting to know the rest of you! :hugs:

Hello everyone

I´ve been lurking here for a while and trying to get up my nerve to write. I´m 43 years old (44 in November) and currently 5 weeks pregnant with my first child though DE and IVF. I had a hidden miscarriage at 6 weeks a year ago so I´m a bit nervous. I will have my first scan on Thursday after a week and I´m terrified.

I was really glad to find this forum and hope to make some friends here :)

hello ladies
I see we have same problems and concerns
tomorrow I have my 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks, and friday we leave for vacations .... I'm really nervous because this ultrasound is about searching for another miscarriage... Well, I try to stay positive and don,t want think about anything bad happens just before we leave... I'll post good news ! Good luck with your pregnancies

Welcome Uni! This is a great forum and all the ladies are really lovely! Congratulations and H&H 9 months to you!

GL Sophie! Hope all goes well at the u/s and you have a lovely, relaxing vacation! FX'd

Hi girls,

Thought i would pop my toe into the 1st trimester, although i probably should wait a week or so. I only got my BFP yesterday which i think calcluates as 4wks 2 days pg based on LMP.

I am 35(almost 36) and DH is 36 today so he got his BFP for his birthday. We have a beautiful 19 month old son who has brought me such joy and happiness and we have now conceived number 2. I was in shock yesterday for most of the day but today i am on cloud9, totally elated and so very happy.

I just used an online calculator and apparently my due date is the 29th February 2012.

Wendy
x

Hi Wendy,

Congratulations, we are due March 4, 2012. Not too far behind you. We are so excited and can't wait to tell our families. Waiting until after the third month. So it is really nice to share the excitement with others.

Mary

Hi everyone,
This is a new and exciting experience for me to be a member in this forum.i received a pregnancy surprise on early Saturday morning of a BFP from a one step pregnancy test. I suspected but was told No!repeatedly by tests n DRs. But my heart never lied.i have movement but am unsure how far along. I am excited it's my 7th baby n I had a tubal n March2009.God is really in control n Miracles really happen!I wish everyone the best of luck whether expecting or TTC. I wish everyone love n success!

mayb we should have an over 40s forum to as iv found my age been factor when you get to 40 and over and have other children and you decide to have another midwives and drs kind say horror stories or make you feel past it iv spoken to few mum to bes at my age and ladies are havin similar stories i mc in june last yr and my gp put it down to my age i was truely gutted he basically said chances of gettin pregnant again was slim as it took 5 yrs for last 1 well to his suprise im bk just over yr after my loss hopin this little one stays if i here another person say omg at yr age im gona scream its so annoyin just good vibes and happy thoughts and hopefully im b holdin my baby next yr with so much pride and joy

so many things happen...confuse..happy and moody.
bunch of joy but little worried.

about my feeling...
so happy to be mom for 5th child and proud to be pregnant at age 35.

Hi everybody I am new to this site. I have had 4 mc. Been trying to get pregnant now about a year. Nothing happening. Got bloods back today and not good news. My AMH blood levels are only 2.86. Does anybody know of any hope that came from IVF

Anne marie

hi everyone

congratulations and a H&H 9 months to all!

lovely to find this special place for us 35+ ladies.

this bfp comes after almost 18mnths, a chemical and an mc earlier this year...surprised, happy and somewhat nervous. Still a bit tentative as its early days yet but praying and hoping for the best.

lookiing forward to sharing the journey with all of you here.
:hugs:

38 and pregnant with number one. We are at 5w3ds today and I still feel weird saying I am pg. We tried for a month and here we are after being in bc for over 15 years. Craziness.

Hope you all are well and having a h&h 9+ months!

Hi everyone yes im glad there is now a plc us older ladys can come and chat:thumbup: Im 37 and this is my 1st and i hear the stories about been my age and having a baby, but at the end of the day if your some what healthy and have a postive attitude and stay stress free then things will be great. I dont listen to anyone that bags older ladys having kids as its our right really.

well i hope to chat with everyone on this site and we can all enjoy our wonderful pregnancy together :hugs::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->