• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

well a bit late but birth story ..

leoniebabey

mam of 2 boys
Reaction score
I didnt post a birth story in here so here goes ..
(even though its a bit late but better late than nether)

as you might know i had an induction booked for monday 24th
well on tuesday 18th i fained at home, i didnt even know it had happened but i woke up on the floor, so i rang the hospital and they told me to come in to be checked over. When i got there i expected to be checked then sent home however when the drs came they told me they were gunna induce me! I didn't even have time to be scared! I was given a pessary at 9pm and i was already 2cm dilated! i'd not even had any pains but i think this was due to havign a sweep the day before.i was then told to try and get some rest as nothing would happen till the following day when they would put me on the drip. My nana who was with me at that point went home and i was put onto a monitor. By 12 i was gettin contractions and they were coming every 5 mins, not too painful though so i was allowed to go into the bath which was AMAZING releif for the pain. After this i tried to get some sleep but with no joy the pains were getting worse and at 3am i was asked if i'd like to try the bath again, i even put bubbles in and was about to relax but the pains were too bad and i had to get out! I was in alot of pain and at 4am they checked me again and i was 4-5cm, i was given diamorphine and they broke my waters and gave me the gas & air ( amazing stuff ). At 5am my nan & OH arrived which i was sooo pleased about as i thought they were going to miss the whole thing! somewhere in between that time i was scaaned and the established that he was back to back which is why the pains were so bad ( all in my back).
By 7.30 am i was fully dilated and ready to push. I pushed and Pushed but he was stuck in the bend and couldnt come out so they have me an hour and as he was getting distressed they had to cut me get him out with forceps.
he was eventually born at 9am weighing 8 lbs 2 oz.

Even though it was quite traumatic at the end it was soo worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->