Well I guess I can finally believe I am here...

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
Hey Girls :wave:

I have been avoiding the 1st Tri board like the plague over the past few weeks but I think I am finally ready to take the leap and join you :flower:

For those of you who don't know me Im Terrie and I've been a member of BNB since, like, foreverrrrrr!!! I have a son called Rhys who is 6 and a daughter called Ffion who is 5 and we had a MMC last June which broke our hearts.

Well a whole year later I was two weeks late on my period and I was thinking 'theres nooooo way I'm pregnant. Nope. Not a chance. Didn't even DTD whilst ovulating...' In the end on May 21st I gave in and tested to prove myself right and I got this:

https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/tezzy-wezzy/6A10215F-47C8-4DC3-B034-E3191E9696C8-361-00000077B9D77359.jpg

Which was a bit of a shock 8-[ ... So thinking i had bought a dudd cheapy test I bought a CB Digi... and got this:

https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/tezzy-wezzy/07C18756-5ED2-4261-955C-5399A8CD676A-361-00000077B384C616.jpg

A little harder to ignore right?

So I told hubby and he was thrilled!!! We didn't even know how far along I was since my cycles are all over the place but it was somewhere between 4 and 6 weeks. We decided not to tell family until our 12 week scan and they still don't know.

But it hasnt all been plain sailing.... June 3rd I started to bleed. I was devastated and thought we were going to have another MC. I went to A&E and got told likely Ectopic pregnancy and they brought me back in the next day for a scan.

Expecting the worst I was a wreck... Until the sonographer flipped the screen around to me and said 'oooh we definitely have a little one in there!' And there it was... my baby... just a blob on the screen, heart flickering away measuring 6weeks and 4 days... I couldnt believe it!

https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/tezzy-wezzy/92041D0F-7A4C-4E5E-8272-308695F67DB9-149-000000087221C8B5.jpg

The bleeding continued though... On and off all week... Then at the weekend it started to get heavier and the cramps got worse... and I thought all hope was lost :cry:

On Monday i rang my Midwife and she arranged another scan for yesterday. I was so convinced it was over... I was feeling bitter, angry and upset... thinking 'Why me? Why again? What was the point?' I didn't want to go to the hospital, I wanted to hide in bed all day. But i went, and I'm glad I did!

I told the sonographer when i walked into the room 'I already know what has happened, just tell me so i can deal with it' She said ok and that she would take a look. Within seconds she said 'erm... I think I might see a heartbeat... but I'm not sure... You're bladder is too full' She then told me to go pee and she would do a trans vaginal scan. I don't think ive ever whipped my knickers off so fast in my life! :haha:

Again within seconds she told me there was definietly a heartbeat and the baby was fine. I couldnt believe it! She spent some time investigating an 'area of separation' in my womb (which was the cause of all the bleeding) and then, bless her she didnt have to, she spent some time showing me my babies hands and feet and everything, measuring 8 weeks and 2 days <3 She even gave me a picture:

https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/tezzy-wezzy/52F8F6E5-512C-42B5-B404-9083AF410A49-763-0000008E3ED07778.jpg

This morning I have woken up with no bleeding and lots of pregnancy symptoms :happydance: So I guess now I can FINALLY admit

IM PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im looking forward to getting to know all of you through the trimesters :flower: Im planning on having a natural birth and to breastfeed and to use cloth nappies and to babywear:cloud9:

Thanks for reading! Pop along to my pregnancy journal if you'd like to follow our progress! :thumbup:

CONGRATULATIONS! What a journey so far! so so glad everything was ok with your baby! im about 6/7weeks pregnant myself so will defo be following you and your stories along the way :) xx

Aww, how beautiful :) I'm so happy for you.
Sorry to hear all that you went through... But so glad it all turned out ok.
Congratulations!!! xx

Aww im sorry for what u have been through so far and my god your story there tugged at my heart strings....Congratulations and wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xxx

:cloud9: thanks girls... We are still not out of the woods yet but at least I can have some hope now!

Aww huge congrats you've been through so much already! Here's hoping to a plain sailing pregnancy :flower:

Amazing. That story made my cry lots, and it's not just the crazy woman hormones! Congratulations and you so deserve this after all you've been through! I too plan to breastfeed and babywear, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to cloth nappy though! I'm 8 weeks today and gig my scan this afternoon. Argh!! X

<3 thank you! This baby is so so loved already... I'm desperate for things to work out.

My midwife has put me down as 'High Risk' so I will have more care throughout than normal... she has been absolutely brilliant so far.

Munchkin - I will be stalking for your wonderful scan results later <3

Congratulations! This is such a great, positive story! I'm sending you my best... :hugs:

Congratulations! This is such a great, positive story! I'm sending you my best... :hugs:

When i started bleeding i couldnt find many positive outcome stories... hopefully people will find this thread when they are panicking too :thumbup:

Oh wow....a huge congratulations!!!

I'm so excited to follow your story (despite this making me sound slightly stalker ish...)

I'm 6 weeks with my first so may be after information from you lovely ladies who already have little ones! xx

Hi Somedaybaby :wave: Love your Avatar pic :)

Feel free to stalk and ask any questions!

aww, what a wonderful 'ending' to so much heartache. Hoping for a H&H pregnancy for you :flower:

I just got my BFP yesterday so I am gradually making my way over to 1st tri as well :)

Just want to say a quick thank you to all the girls on here who have sent me msgs of encouragement and have replied to my posts over the past day or so... Nice to see some stalkers on my journal too :)

Love to you all!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->