Well I think I maybe become Mrs Hopson sooner then I thought.

hawalkden

Reaction score
OH was being very suss last night online and wasn't saying much; then this morning he said. 'How do you fancy getting married at the end of July at the Reg Office, just me, you, Isaac and parents and sis? Then after a meal with them and at night a party for the rest of the family and friends?'. With a smile.

I was a little shocked and though. Where has this come from, yes been engaged for 3 years now together for 5 but it's out the blue and not like him to look/plan anything. So I obviously smiled and said if we can do it then yeah.

He then explained the fees and what was needed. Only basically the licences each and wedding rings. We've got outfits (unless I balloon hugly with bump from now till then, then me a maternity flowing dress). He did say about my parents (they are a lil snobby and wouldn't like the idea, but it's not about the money and decoration etc). I love him and he loves me so that's all that matters and it's what we want.

So yeah. He's phoning the Reg Office tomorrow to see when the earliest available date is and thinking that's it we're getting married :). :happydance:.

Woo hoo! Congratulations - just how you wanted! :happydance:

Makes it more :happydance: due to OH planning and talking more about the idea :).. still feeling a little nervous about the whole 'no big theme' and it being so bog standard it's unreal.

Don't be - you'd be far more nervous with the big theme! This is all about you and your lil family :)

Congrats! I think it's really sweet of him, as long as your are both happy with your plans then noone else matters! It's not your parent's wedding.:thumbup:

Congratulations. Its been clear for a while that you've been really wanting to get married. I'm so happy for you that you are finally going to get what you wanted. Not long now until you are Mrs Hopson!!!!!! xxx :hugs:

:happydance: Congratulations.
This is exactly how I'd like to do it:) I'll be interested to hear how you get on

Aw that's fab! :happydance: don't worry about it being no theme etc, our wedding was just the basics and it was great :cloud9:

Congratulations. That's exactly why we did. We went to the reg office with parents, grandparents and siblings and for a meal afterwards. There was 15 in total including me and hubby. We txt our friends after the meal and asked them to join us for a drink as we had just got married and we met some friends on the night. It was perfect for us :)
I hope you have a wonderful day

Cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"