Went for my first visit....

jrob

Reaction score
I went this afternoon for my initial visit with my OBGYN. The doctor said my urine test gave a faint line. We did the first beta blood test and I should have my results tomorrow. I am going back on Wednesday and again Friday for more blood work. I am also going in Friday for an early ultrasound to make sure the baby is in the right place this time. He said we probably won't see anything until I've reached at least 1400. I don't know how long that takes to get that high, though. I barely even made it over 1000 during the ectopic. I got tested every few days and it never doubled. I think it maxed out at something like 1050 and that was after a month of testing, starting in the 500s. I really hope that's not the case this time! Does anyone know what the average initial level would be at this stage? I was due to get my period about a week ago, so I'm not that far in.

I was really freaked out about the fact that he said my test line was faint when it seemed so clear to me on the FRER I took at home. When I got home from class tonight I took another FRER to see if there was any change from Saturday and it was MUCH darker than it was before. So I'm hopeful about that because that probably means my HCG levels are rising, right? Hopefully they are doubling! My pelvic exam went well and I had no pain from it, thank goodness! I'm really eager to find out my level tomorrow!! I really hope all goes well this time around. I don't know if I can handle another MC or ectopic. Wish me luck!!

Oh and I went to the practice I usually go to even though I don't like them and they got a new doctor who I really like so far. I'm going to have to ask him if he is affiliated with the hospital I want to use because I might actually want to stick with him, but I hate the hospital the practice is affiliated with. I'm hoping he has other affiliations especially since his profile shows that he's from the town the other hospital I like is in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->