Went to ER ..OMG

trying2bamom

Reaction score
So I went to the ER and they informed me that I"m pregnant with Twins. One baby is measuring smaller or a couple days behind the other one. Anyone have this experience and know why that could be. They are only measuring at 5w4d they could see the Yolk sac for one, but not for the other one. The one they can see the yolk sac for is 5w4d the one they can't is 5w2d. any experiences with twins?

Congratulations, you sometimes find one baby slightly behind. They should rescan in 7 days and you can then see where you are from there, it is also possible to have a vanishing twin. Fingers crossed both baby progress as expected from here. Good luck x

Thank you. What is a vanishing twin? the first time I went to the ER it was on last Friday and they were both measuring at 5w0d then today, Monday, I went back to ER and they were measuring at 5w4d and 5w2d

Vanishing twin is when you have a twin pregnancy but one twin does not make it. It's called vanishing because the baby is lost before the first prenatal, most women wouldn't even ever know they had twins to begin with. It's just reabsorbed into the body or into the other twin.

It's great that they both grew, that's a good sign. Mine did not. So keeping my fxed for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->