WENT TO ER-please read & give opinions..

SuchAHotMom2b

Reaction score
I went to the ER yesterday because my pain turned pretty severe and my nurse told me If it feels really bad to go to the hospital.

They dated me back to 5w+1 yesterday. Then, they checked my HCG levels & said that that they were consistent with how far along I am but that when we did the ultrasound they only saw the sac, no embryo.....

Doctor said it could just be because I'm so early, they can't see it yet or it could be threatened miscarriage....

I'm so scared, this is my first baby...

What do you think my chances are of it just being early pregnancy VS. threatened miscarriage?:cry::nope:

I have to go back tomorrow so they can see if my HCG levels are doubling & try another ultrasound.

UPDATE: Went back today to test me hcg levels. They were 12,000 on 9/1 & today 9/3 they are 25,000 �� Thank you Lord

When was your last lmp? Are your cycles long/short? Have you had any bleeding? If you are 5+1 no embryo would be visible yet. Hate the early weeks....send positive vibes to your beany and rest as much as possible. Best wishes

When was your last lmp? Are your cycles long/short? Have you had any bleeding? If you are 5+1 no embryo would be visible yet. Hate the early weeks....send positive vibes to your beany and rest as much as possible. Best wishes

My LMP was July 29th. My cycles are 27/28 days. ABSOLUTELY NO BLEEDING. Thank you :nope: I'm trying so hard not to be sad.

If your 5+1 it's too early to see an embryo. We didn't see anything more than a sac at my 6+4 scan. Sounds like your right on track so try not to worry. Can't believe a doctor would say it could be a threatened miscarriage, that's dreadful.

5+1 far to early to see embryo normally. My last preg and my pregnancy with my son both showed only a sac at 5+3 & 5+4 respectively. This pregnancy I had a scan at 6 week exactly and only saw a sac on the abdo scan.. It wasn't until they tried transvaginally that they saw embryo. Try not to panic. Everything sounds good xxx

Well that means 5 weeks today by lmp and you seen a gestational sac which is exactly what you would expect to see...depending on what guide you use baby is only approx the size of a grain of salt and would not be identifiable on scan yet...and as cardiac activity only starts sometime between 5.5-6 weeks baby definitely would not be identifiable yet. But rest assured they are growing quickly and in another 1.5-2 weeks you should see a little beany with a flickering heartbeat and the yolk sac that feeds them. When is your next scan?

Based on your dates I'd say too early. Keep the faith! Thinking of you~

The ER classed my third pregnancy(had mmc with our 1st) as a miscarriage. I was barely six weeks, and was bleeding heavily. I was devasted. They gave me the ultrasound report and told me to follow up with an obgyn.. it took A MONTH to get me in somewhere.. imagine my shock when they did an ultrasound and there was our baby, 10+2 with a perfect heartrate. Evidently I had a subchronic hematoma that was bleeding out, it misshaped the gestational sac. I dont go to the er anymore with preg issues. They are so quick to class everything as an mc!

If your 5+1 it's too early to see an embryo. We didn't see anything more than a sac at my 6+4 scan. Sounds like your right on track so try not to worry. Can't believe a doctor would say it could be a threatened miscarriage, that's dreadful.

It was horrible then I tried to ask the nurse the same question I'm asking here & she was like I didn't go to school for that:dohh::nope:

Such a horrible experience.

5+1 far to early to see embryo normally. My last preg and my pregnancy with my son both showed only a sac at 5+3 & 5+4 respectively. This pregnancy I had a scan at 6 week exactly and only saw a sac on the abdo scan.. It wasn't until they tried transvaginally that they saw embryo. Try not to panic. Everything sounds good xxx

:hugs: Thank you so much. I'm just hoping tomorrow my levels go up! They did abdo scan and transvag and couldn't see on either

Well that means 5 weeks today by lmp and you seen a gestational sac which is exactly what you would expect to see...depending on what guide you use baby is only approx the size of a grain of salt and would not be identifiable on scan yet...and as cardiac activity only starts sometime between 5.5-6 weeks baby definitely would not be identifiable yet. But rest assured they are growing quickly and in another 1.5-2 weeks you should see a little beany with a flickering heartbeat and the yolk sac that feeds them. When is your next scan?

They are going to try again tomorrow & check my levels again tomorrow, which now makes me think they still might not see anything & then I have another scan on Sept 20:dohh:

The ER classed my third pregnancy(had mmc with our 1st) as a miscarriage. I was barely six weeks, and was bleeding heavily. I was devasted. They gave me the ultrasound report and told me to follow up with an obgyn.. it took A MONTH to get me in somewhere.. imagine my shock when they did an ultrasound and there was our baby, 10+2 with a perfect heartrate. Evidently I had a subchronic hematoma that was bleeding out, it misshaped the gestational sac. I dont go to the er anymore with preg issues. They are so quick to class everything as an mc!

Interesting, because after he told me it could be early pregnancy or threatened miscarriage... he only put threatened miscarriage on my sheets.
I was like really?
:cry:

God what a horrible nurse....I think that one could go to school all he/she likes but lacks the basic compassion needed for the nursing profession...I bet on September 20th you are going to see your beautiful beany who will resemble a little teeny gummy bear at that point...keep the faith and keep us posted x

God what a horrible nurse....I think that one could go to school all he/she likes but lacks the basic compassion needed for the nursing profession...I bet on September 20th you are going to see your beautiful beany who will resemble a little teeny gummy bear at that point...keep the faith and keep us posted x

I'll update tomorrow with my HCG levels, I hope all goes well

You usually won't see a baby and heartbeat until sometine after 6 weeks...totally normal to not see anything so early.

Could the pains you're having be gas pains? At the beginning of my current pregnancy I would get such severe pain in my abdomen and it was always trapped gas.

Your scan on the 20th will show so much more

You usually won't see a baby and heartbeat until sometine after 6 weeks...totally normal to not see anything so early.

Could the pains you're having be gas pains? At the beginning of my current pregnancy I would get such severe pain in my abdomen and it was always trapped gas.

Your scan on the 20th will show so much more

I'm so happy everyone is on the same page as me. I just hope everything turns out well tomorrow...
I think the pains could've just been some weird cramps because they were gone by the time I left the hospital.:shrug:

I had a transvaginal scan at 5w6d & there was no baby, just sac & a tiny yolk..they didn't do another scan for 2 weeks after that.

I'd definitely feel positive & look forward to your scan on 20th. The scan tomorrow won't be particularly helpful because it'll probably still be too early.

Mind boggling that they've noted it as threatened miscarriage! :hugs:

I had a transvaginal scan at 5w6d & there was no baby, just sac & a tiny yolk..they didn't do another scan for 2 weeks after that.

I'd definitely feel positive & look forward to your scan on 20th. The scan tomorrow won't be particularly helpful because it'll probably still be too early.

Mind boggling that they've noted it as threatened miscarriage! :hugs:

I'm pretty sure I won't see anything tomorrow, I'm just hoping my Hcg levels doubled.

Fingers crossed, I'm sure it will have doubled, especially if you're getting morning sickness :haha:

I keep getting told ms is a good sign & It means babies doing great.
It's always particularly 'helpful' when people say that as I'm becoming very friendly with the toilet bowl....:dohh:

I also had incredibly painful cramps in weeks 5 - 7ish to the point I felt sure bean wouldn't survive, but it's settled right down now & all seems to be going well (minus the hyperemesis).
Good luck!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->