WENT TO ER-please read & give opinions..

Fingers crossed, I'm sure it will have doubled, especially if you're getting morning sickness :haha:

I keep getting told ms is a good sign & It means babies doing great.
It's always particularly 'helpful' when people say that as I'm becoming very friendly with the toilet bowl....:dohh:

I also had incredibly painful cramps in weeks 5 - 7ish to the point I felt sure bean wouldn't survive, but it's settled right down now & all seems to be going well (minus the hyperemesis).
Good luck!! :thumbup:

I just can't wait until I can see an OB :wacko:

I really wish that some doctors and techs would study up on medical literature that talks about what should actually be even on an ultrasound in the early stages. Ugh. It seems like for ever one that has reasonable expectations, there's another that's confused as to why they aren't seeing fetal pole or whatever at 5 weeks. Super frustrating and scary for mamas. :hugs:

All that to say, if you were 5w1d at the time of your scan, a gestational sac is absolutely all that you would expect to see. As you approach 6 weeks (and even into the middle of 6 weeks) there is a wide variation on what might be to see then-- but at 5 weeks, a gestational sac is perfect!

I had a scan at 5w6d and all they saw was a completely empty sac. No yolk, no fetal pole, and no heartbeat. The tech wasn't concerned, but I'd come across so much conflicting information on the internet about what you "should" see at that point (mainly thanks to doctors misinforming people about what the standards are), that I spent the next 6 weeks in agony assuming that the pregnancy wasn't viable. Thankfully, I was wrong.

I'm now 27 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl. As it turns out, many women around the 6 week mark only see empty gestational sacs at their scans. That being the case, you have absolutely nothing to worry about considering that you saw the same at just 5 weeks. That's right on track.

Congratulations on your baby. Best of luck to you over the next 9 months. :flower:

I really wish that some doctors and techs would study up on medical literature that talks about what should actually be even on an ultrasound in the early stages. Ugh. It seems like for ever one that has reasonable expectations, there's another that's confused as to why they aren't seeing fetal pole or whatever at 5 weeks. Super frustrating and scary for mamas. :hugs:

All that to say, if you were 5w1d at the time of your scan, a gestational sac is absolutely all that you would expect to see. As you approach 6 weeks (and even into the middle of 6 weeks) there is a wide variation on what might be to see then-- but at 5 weeks, a gestational sac is perfect!

I had a scan at 5w6d and all they saw was a completely empty sac. No yolk, no fetal pole, and no heartbeat. The tech wasn't concerned, but I'd come across so much conflicting information on the internet about what you "should" see at that point (mainly thanks to doctors misinforming people about what the standards are), that I spent the next 6 weeks in agony assuming that the pregnancy wasn't viable. Thankfully, I was wrong.

I'm now 27 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl. As it turns out, many women around the 6 week mark only see empty gestational sacs at their scans. That being the case, you have absolutely nothing to worry about considering that you saw the same at just 5 weeks. That's right on track.

Congratulations on your baby. Best of luck to you over the next 9 months. :flower:

Thanks for your support! I just was so upset when he told me that & the nurses basically said they have to tell me that it could be a possibility, but if it's just a possibility then why put it on my outgoing papers! It's just so scary!
I hope everything goes well tomorrow

Sounds like it is just too early :)

I had a scan at the hospital when I was 6wks (I was worried it was ectopic) and it was only measuring 5 and a half weeks with no fetal pole. I then got one 5 days later and it was 6+2 with a good heartbeat. Fast forward to last week and I got my NT scan thinking I was 11+3 based on the last scan but bubs had caught up to what it was supposed to be and was 12+3. It just shows how inaccurate those early scans can be.

Fx everything works out well for you!

Sounds like it is just too early :)

I had a scan at the hospital when I was 6wks (I was worried it was ectopic) and it was only measuring 5 and a half weeks with no fetal pole. I then got one 5 days later and it was 6+2 with a good heartbeat. Fast forward to last week and I got my NT scan thinking I was 11+3 based on the last scan but bubs had caught up to what it was supposed to be and was 12+3. It just shows how inaccurate those early scans can be.

Fx everything works out well for you!

I'm just soo worried my levels won't have doubled. I go back in 3 1/2 hours.

I bet you'll be fine. It's normal not to see much that early. They have to tell you threatened miscarriage if you have a lot of pain and or bleeding in the first tri. Most of the time it turns out just fine for people. Try to relax Mama, although I know it's almost impossible. As for the nurse, its true they are not trained in that area. The doctor is the only one who can give that medical information.

I bet you'll be fine. It's normal not to see much that early. They have to tell you threatened miscarriage if you have a lot of pain and or bleeding in the first tri. Most of the time it turns out just fine for people. Try to relax Mama, although I know it's almost impossible. As for the nurse, its true they are not trained in that area. The doctor is the only one who can give that medical information.

Well after she told me that, another nurse came in and saw that I was distraught and basically said that its probably just to early to see & for me to not stress. :shrug:

Its just so nerve wrecking! Trying to just be calm and prepare for whats coming next.

Good luck with your follow up apppointment.

The exact same thing happened to me, i went to A&E in severe pain, they scanned me the next day and took HCG levels of over 9000 but only saw 2 empty sacs, they explained i would be about 5 weeks and its normal to see nothing at that stage. I had to have follow up HCG bloods drawn twice after than and a follow up scan, due to the levels not doubling. HOWEVER i am still pregnant with two very healthy twins!

Good luck!!

Awesome success story. I hope it works out for me as well. :wacko: I'll try and update as everything is going on. My boyfriend keeps saying you're fine, you're fine & I'm like you don't understand! Lol I feel crazy

Congrats Hun. They are fabulous numbers. Mine were only 1046 in week 6! Told you that you had nothing to worry about. Just an idiot doctor with a terrible bedside manner.

Great numbers!!! My beta was just 6570 (or somewhere and there) when taken at 5w6d. Looks like you have nothing to worry about. Congrats!

Hey hun please click on the link on the bottom of my signature. That was from when I was preg with dd. Hopefully set your mind at rest. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->