Went to see the consultant today..stopping aspirin?

xxxjacxxx

My Eggo is Preggo!
Reaction score
Because I am on low does aspirin, I had to go see the consultant when I hit 12 weeks which was today.

He says He really doubts that the aspirin is doing anything to keep the pregnancy going but gave me the choice of stopping the aspirin or carry on taking it.

He says there would be no harm to continue taking it for the rest of my pg until I hit just before delivery as aspirin can make me bleed more than neccesary.

Has anybody been on aspirin 'just as a precaution' then stopped at 12 weeks and been ok?

Just to add: He has arranged for me to have scans at 32 and 36 weeks to assess the size/weight of the baby to determine if I will need inducing again due to large baby! Lets hope I get a tiddler this time:happydance:

He was a right nutcase lol, He said to me that I'd have no problem delivering an average size baby as it would be like 'shelling peas!' ...so I asked him if he had any idea what it was like giving birth to which his reply was.... 'yeah, apparently its like shitting a pumpkin!!!':rofl:

I nearly fell off my chair!

Its sometimes given to women with a history of m/c.

Before this pg I had 2 m/c's, one in april, the other in July (both this year)

My doc put me on it after the 2nd m/c as it helps to thin the blood. Some women can have a blood clotting disorder, where the blood clots thus not getting to the newly implanted baby and results in miscarriage. I was not actually tested for this as I fell pg with this one just before I was to go and have tests. It was as a precautionary measure only.

The consultant seems to think that I probably dont have the disorder as I already have 3 children and no complications with any of those, but he did stress that he cannot be 100% sure. So basically, its up to me if I want to stop taking it or not!

Scary hey! I really dont think I need the aspirin as I think my 2 m/c's were just a fluke of nature...but If I was to stop the aspirin and god forbid, anything should happen I would blame myself for stopping the aspirin!

Sorry to ramble, its quite hard to explain. xx

IF it is ok to carry on taking it, then maybe you could do so. Maybe you didn't have this disorder with the other 3 but it did kick in for the 2 m/c? Like you said how would you feel if something happened. would you blame yourself and think it was the aspirin? Feel for ya hun

ta hun, I posted this a few days ago and have already decided now that I am going to keep on taking it. The consultant assured me that it would have no effect on an unborn child so I dont suppose I have anything to lose.

I get you now hun....im glad youve come to a decision....if its any help its probably what id do if i was in your situation xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->