were has my bump gone?? :S

mrsmcquaide

Mummy to 1 nearly 2 :D
Reaction score
hi ladies!
im 38 weeks tomorrow :happydance:
but i woke up this morning and noticed my bump is alot smaller :S
is this because she has dropped?? this is my 2nd child and i dont remember this happening with my 1st :S
also she is not moving a lot i haven't felt her move at all this morning :wacko:
is any of this a cause for concern? should i contact my midwife???

the 1st pic if me at 35 weeks and 2nd is me today at 38 weeks :wacko: is it smaller???

xx

Attachments

• 35weeks.jpg
    35weeks.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 38 weeks.jpg
    38 weeks.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 6
I would personally say you do look smaller...

Maybe just give your midwife a call... just to check!

Dear, honestly I don't know, but didn't want to R&R. Has LO moved in the meantime?

Hope all is well! :flower:

Cloe :shipw:

My doc told me that at about 38 weeks my bump will get smaller and this is bcoz he will drop.. Not happend to me yet but could easly be what it is with u :) x

I don't think it sounds like anything to be worried about. The same thing happened to one of my friends, but she called the midwife just to be sure and she went into hospital. Like I say, everything was fine, but it put her mind at rest and if you're worrying, it's only going to stress you out more.

for the movement decrease alone you should call midwife hun. Just for reasurrance

i dont know if she has dropped belly doesnt feel any different, apart from her not moving how long do they have to not move until you phone hospital?? not felt her since last night, my midwife is on holiday untill next week :S can i phone doctors???

Is there not any other midwifes at the hosp though? I no if i have a prob i would just speak to whichever one answers the phone. I would phone now if u havnt felt since last night to be sure. But to put u at ease a lil bit i think they move alot less bcoz of the amount of space they have. Hope all is ok xx

wow that is a big differnce! you should always call tho if you feel like she isnt moving as much and i would def mention how much smaller you have gotton!

I'm sure you can call your docs... I know I would with decreased movement... Or maybe you can just go to the hospital?
Also, have you laid down yet to see if she's moving? Have some o-juice and see if that gets her going....

phone labour and delivery. Your midwife would refer you there anywax. Thats a long time with nothing!if baby has dropped that can change movement. But id get checked asap. Update soon x

Call labour ward asap Hun just for reassurance,baby should b big enough now to feel if there's a little wriggle going on and to have nothing since last night they will definitely want to just check u both over.maybe the bump has got smaller coz baby has turned back to back xx

if your MW is on holls call your local triage or L&D they will see you as soon as you can get there if they are anything like they are round hear. it may be worth getting checked out as there is definatly a change in your bump and you defoo need to be monitored if you havent felt baby move sice last nite xx

iv felt 1 movement since posting this, i went to hospital at 34 weeks with no movement and then when i got there she started moving hehe little monkey! so now i feel bit silly ringing again just in case she starts moving again :S at all my midwife appointments i have been measuring 3cm small but she said "its fine!"
i dont know what to do lol

If I were you I would call the maternity ward at my hospital and get checked out.

Hun one kick is not enough reasurrance,don't ever feel silly about goin in,they always tell me that they would rather put ur mind at ease than do nothing and it was serious and they always say "that's what we're here for" xx

It's said you can lose weight in the last few weeks.

Also if baby has engaged (dropped) your bump will appear smaller because baby's head isn't floating up in your uterus, it's down in your pelvis.

You look like you've lost a tiny bit of weight and baby is engaged to me.

If you can't feel your baby moving, that's a different situation... call.

hi ladies thanks for your advice. i called and she gave me some tips to try get baby moving and they worked :D she had a great big wriggle and is having lots of stretches now :D thank god!! she also said that the baby has possibly engaged thats why it appears smaller than befor. hopefully that is the case :D thanks for all your advice¬
im now worried that as its my 2nd i read that they dont engage until right befor labour :S is this true xx

Thats great news that shes moving about now!! :) Im not sure this is my first but i have read that somtimes 2nds dont engage until later but im sure its nothing to worry about everyones diff xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->