We're Pregnant!

animalcracker

1st time new mum!
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I joined this forum about a month or so ago. I am delighted, thrilled (and scared / nervous) that my husband and I just found out that we are expecting. :baby:

I am probably about 2 or 3 weeks pregnant at the moment. I was on a cruise with my husband for our 1 year wedding anniversary and I took a test on the cruise which showed up positive. Just to be on the safe side, the ship's doctor gave me one of her tests too, which also came up positive.:happydance:

We started trying in April of this year, which is when I came off the pill after being on it for about 17 years.

I am 38 years old - hubby is going to be 41 in September. We used the 'Sperm meets egg' plan to conceive.

I am so happy, I had to share - but I am also very nervous as it is very (VERY) early days. I have never had a child or been pregnant before and I am praying everything is alright. I am going to see my gyn on Tuesday for my first visit.

CONGRATS!!!! Hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months!

YAY! :yipee: Congratulations on your :bfp:

Animal Cracker CONGRATULATIONS! Not only is this really good news for you but you have just given me a confidence boost as Im 36 and came off pill in May after being on for 19 years. BFN on Friday but still trying :winkwink:

Congratulations again hunny :happydance:

Congrats! That's brilliant news for you.

Congratulations!
Though if you go from the first day of your last period wouldn't you be more like 4 weeks?
This is how the doc would date you.
I had my lmp on the 9th July and if you get a date calculator (google) it will give you a time scale of 4 weeks.
2 weeks is from when you ovulated! xxx

Congratulations!
Though if you go from the first day of your last period wouldn't you be more like 4 weeks?
I had my lmp on the 9th July and if you get a date calculator (google) it will give you a time scale of 4 weeks.

The first day of my last period is also 9 July! I think you are right - the Dr. adds 2 weeks, right? (To the date of conception, which was around ovulation). I just picked up the book "What to expect when you're expecting" so I'm still in the learning stage of things!

I am really looking forward to my gynecologist visit on Tuesday to see what's up :happydance:

Thank you all for your kind words and well wishes!:flower:

We are thrilled with this news. It just goes to show you that age is just a number. I know so many women my age and older who have had their first later in life. Stay positive ladies :thumbup:

Congratulations!

The first day of my last period is also 9 July! I think you are right - the Dr. adds 2 weeks, right? (To the date of conception, which was around ovulation). I just picked up the book "What to expect when you're expecting" so I'm still in the learning stage of things!

I am really looking forward to my gynecologist visit on Tuesday to see what's up :happydance:

Yep thats right... my cbdigi read 'pregnant 1-2' which would be right from conception but when dating you always go from your lmp.

So you'll be due 15th April like me then :)

Congratulations! I got my BFP yesterday too and my LMP was 10th July

x

Congratulations!

Yep thats right... my cbdigi read 'pregnant 1-2' which would be right from conception but when dating you always go from your lmp.

That's great - we are due on the same day! Is this your first as well? Did you get the ultrasound wand during your first gyn visit? I am curious what is going to happen at the doc's office on Tuesday!

x

Congratulations to you! :hugs: I am only one day ahead of you LOL So you are due April 16th if I am not mistaken? Do you have any weird symptoms? It feels like everything is hitting me at once - especially the hot flashes! :haha:

Yep the 16th - I'm so nervous as it is still so early, but SOOOOOO excited too. Not sure when to make doctors appointment, as my BFP is showing 2 days before my AF is due. I have done 7 tests since yesterday! Couldn't quite believe it.

I'm 34 and have a 9 year old daughter with my previous partner, and never thought i'd have any more. I've been married to my hubby for almost 4 years now and he has a 10 year old son, so we just hadn't planned on adding to our family. A couple of months ago it came up in conversation and we decided it was something we DID want! After a month of trying we have done it straight away!! I can't believe it, and i feel very lucky!

Good luck to you xx

Congratulations!

That's great - we are due on the same day! Is this your first as well? Did you get the ultrasound wand during your first gyn visit? I am curious what is going to happen at the doc's office on Tuesday!

Yay!
No this will be my second I have ds who is 14 so I feel like it's all new as I've not been preggo for 14 years lol

Not been to docs yet but I'm assuming I'll be referred to a midwife...not sure they do the internal scan so soon over here (if at all??)

@April I'm loving your line!! <3

x

Congratulations to you! :hugs: I am only one day ahead of you LOL So you are due April 16th if I am not mistaken? Do you have any weird symptoms? It feels like everything is hitting me at once - especially the hot flashes! :haha:

OMG I didn't even know hot flashes were a symptom! I've been having these so bad the past few days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->