Were your babies about the same size regardless of weight gain?

mamawolf

Reaction score
I gained more weight with my first born and he was 8 lb 12 oz at 39 weeks. I'm just wondering if I should still expect a baby that size even though I haven't gained as much this time?

My first baby I gained 15lbs total and he weighed 8lbs 7oz. My second I gained MUCH more weight (80lbs!) and he was 7lbs 14oz, although that pregnancy I was highly stressed and I was induced. I think he could have cooked longer and probably weighed the same.

This third baby is measuring on target to be an 8lber and so far I have not gained any weight (but I am overweight so that's a factor to begin with).

My sister has had two babies at 9lbs with 30lb weight gain total for both babies.

Everyone I know has had babies all similar in size, with the exception of one baby who was 11lbs due to gestational diabetes :flower:

First baby was 6 lb 4 oz, 17", born at 39 weeks, gained 65 pounds with him.

Second baby was 7 lb 1 oz, 18", born at 40 + 3, gained 40 pounds with him.

I'd say that's pretty close in size, considering the 10 days difference in gestational age :thumbup:

First DS - 7 lbs 13 oz- 39+6 weeks - gained 110 lbs!!!
Lost 120 lbs before second

Second DS - 9 lbs - 39 weeks - gained 65 lbs!

I gained about 70 lb with dd, and she was 4lb 13 oz at 35 weeks. I doubt she would have been a big baby at full term. DS1 was 7 lb 5 oz at 37w5d (I gained about 3p lb) This time, I've gained about 15 lb and at my 30 week U/S he was measuring 3lb 4 oz.

With my 4 boys i put on around the same amount each time and weights were
7lb7oz
7lb5oz
8lb12oz
7lb2oz
All pretty similar
This time ive only gained half the amount i did with them but my belly feels huge interesting to see what this bubs will weigh :)

I gained over 60lb first time and DD was 6lb 12. Waiting to see with this one but have gained about 30 so will be interesting!!

I gained about the same each time and my baby's weights were:

7lb 8 born on due date
8lb 1 born on due date
6lb 7 born at 36 weeks

I gained about the same with my last 2 and there was 2lbs between their birth weights. This time I've gained a lot less (the last 2 times was probably 40lbs :blush: and this time about 15lbs so far) so I'll be interested to see if it makes any difference

Ds1 was 8lbs 2 I gained next to nothing
Ds2 was 7lbs 5 I gained three stone!!!
Ds3 was also 7lbs 5 I gained 4 stone!!!!! :0
This one is measuring large, I have gained next to nothing all my boys were born at 37 weeks, except ds1 who was 36 xxxx

First pregnancy i didn't gain anything, she was 7lb 11oz
Second pregnancy i gained loads, about 2st, he was 7lb 8oz

I gained 35lbs during my first pregnancy and baby only weighed 6lbs 4.5 oz term+5. My sister gained 60+ lbs and only had a 6lb baby term+12. Cant say for sure yet but my 2nd is looking a little bigger and I've only gained about 1/2 the weight, so I think a lot of it depends on the biology of the baby, some are just naturally bigger or smaller. I know small babies run in my family, so that probably has something to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->