Were your symptoms the same each pregnancy?

Foxyloxy

Reaction score
I would like to introduce myself and say hello first. I am 6+2 days pregnant with my third pregnancy. I have a daughter who is almost 3 and I lost a pregnancy last year at 10 weeks.
My first pregnancy was completely symptom free (other than lack of period), so much so that I was convinced it was all in my head until my 12 week scan! My second pregnancy was pretty similar, the only symptom was a bit of boob tenderness, although it did end in miscarriage.
This pregnancy however feels very different, I feel queasy all day and I am exhausted, although that might be partly due to having a toddler!
I was just curious and wondered if those Mums who have more than one child had similar pregnancies each time? Did you have boys or girls, as I have heard that pregnancies with different genders can feel very different. Also twins run strongly in our family and I am wondering if that could explain my sickness this time. Might be just my age though, I am definitely feeling much older this time round (I am 38).

Hi there :hi:

Congratulations on your :bfp:

Ive had two full term pregnancies, both boys.

My first pregnancy I was mildly nauseous but had quite bad fatigue. This lasted until 20 weeks. Once the fatigue went i felt great & only had the odd pregnancy niggle during 3rd tri like back ache & high blood pressure.

My second pregnancy I had awful all day sickness, getting out of bed was a struggle, I was constantly hot, got heart palputations all the time, I could hardly stand for more than a minute & I couldnt cook because i was repulsed by everything. This lasted until 20 weeks when once again the MS & fatigue went.

I was really convinced that my second pregnancy was a girl because I felt so bad & the pregnancy just felt different to the first but nope, he came out a boy.

They do say no two pregnancys are the same.

Even this pregnancy is starting out differently for me, even though i have only just found out my boobs are killing me, I have never had this feeling before, not even in my last two pregnancies.

So far I'm the same. The sickness kicked in right on 6 weeks both times. The only difference so far seems to be that I was constipated last time, but not this time.

DD I didnt really have any "symptoms". I was craving ice water, had a bit of a cold, and I was really tired. Chalked it all up to starting college again. At 5w2d I found out I was expecting her. Once 7ish weeks hit I was sick 24/7. I was in the ER multiple times a week because I was so dehydrated. MS wore off around the start of the 2nd tri. Smooth sailing until 22ish weeks when we started having issues with low fluid.

DS I knew I was pregnant from a few days after O. My boobs were bigger and sore (never had any boob change with DD). I was super tired. Crampy. Gassy like you wouldnt believe. MS kicked in around 4 weeks and stayed until early second tri. Smells were horrible. I had to leave the house if raw meat was being cooked because I couldnt handle the smell.

Baby 3: So far (only 3w3d) My nipples have been sore, occasional twinges in my boobs. Crampy. Burping a ton. Tired.

Im curious to see how this baby makes me feel. I think theyre all just super different.

My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage, but I had nausea after meals and some bathroom issues XD...this time I've had every horrible symptom in the book. EVERY symptom imaginable I have XD

Mine have been different each time. My first was by far the easiest pregnancy. No tiredness, no sickness, no spotting, didn't even know I was pregnant until after I missed three periods and took a test. I did have a sore throat for 2 weeks when I was about 6 weeks pregnant and I thought maybe that was why my periods were delayed. I had tailbone pain and constipation issues in the third trimester. Every BM was like labor (sorry for the tmi). The only cravings I had were near the end when I wanted oranges all the time. I didn't really have any aversions but I will say that meat didn't appeal to me. I was strictly vegetarian while pregnant with my first, who was a girl.

With my second, I was expecting the same thing but man, when 7 weeks hit, I felt like crap! I'm like what the heck is this? When the doctor told me it was "morning" sickness, I had no idea that it lasted 24/7! Actually, it wasn't morning sickness, but was HG and I wasn't diagnosed with it until the second trimester. My all day sickness lasted until 15/16 weeks and was absolute torture. I had bleeding with him around 6 weeks that was more than just spotting - it actually was enough to fill a liner in one day - and lasted about a week so I thought I had lost the baby. The rest of my pregnancy was easy though and the baby even came quickly. I craved meat, cheese, strawberries, salad and chocolate. My second ended up being a boy.

With this pregnancy, I've had the 24/7 nausea but no spotting as of yet - fingers crossed it stays that way - and only recently started getting tired but it could be the Diclegis I'm currently taking for nausea. With this one I'm craving carbs - pizza, pasta, potatoes and chocolate. I actually have both boy and girl symptoms this time so this little one has me stumped...

My symptoms were pretty much the same early on but I had more nausea during the first pregnancy and a lot more tiredness during the second pregnancy.

DD1: Extreme sickness and exhaustion
DS1: Medium sickness, no exhaustion
DD2: Mild sickness, no exhaustion
DS2: Extreme sickness (but didn't start till 9 weeks this time) and exhaustion

No two the same and no pattern between boys and girls.

I had almost no symptoms during 1st trimester with my first (boy) except for a couple mild queasy moments, some moderate tiredness, and bloat. This one (girl) I was severely nauseated 24/7 from 6-12 weeks. Extreme exhaustion and bloated beyond belief. At almost 14 weeks, I'm still randomly gagging and queasy. Ugh. Two totally different experiences!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->