What’s going on?

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
I’ve been OPK testing with first morning urine since CD 9 and today is CD 13. So far I’ve gotten all negative OPK. And when I say negative I mean the test line is way lighter than control line. I’m not drinking any extra at all. Normally I’ve had a positive by now. My Glow app predicts ovulation to be on Monday 12/21. I understand this is strictly only a prediction. All of my body signs tell me I’ve probably already ovulated. To save on $ I’ve used cheap Amazon tests I can get 100 per pack. Normally I start testing the day after AF stops. I got caught up in other things and didn’t get a chance to test the day after AF and instead tested 2 days after AF. I feel like I’ve either missed my surge or experiencing a delayed ovulation. I don’t know whether to keep testing or just give up and follow my body signs. I’ve BD on my fertile days body signs to help cover bases. Any ladies have any ideas? Please don’t read and run. Any comments welcome. Even if it’s just a “hi”.

Hi!

I’m in a kind of similar position - cd11 and I don’t even have a second line never mind anything else!

I’m actually thinking of just not testing now and dtd as often as possible.

Hi!

I’m in a kind of similar position - cd11 and I don’t even have a second line never mind anything else!

I’m actually thinking of just not testing now and dtd as often as possible.
Thank you. I’m glad I’m not alone. Every month I’ve tested I’ve gotten a positive OPK. So different this month. AF lasted 7 days and normally 6 days.

It’s possible it was delayed. I usually ovulate around CD 15 and have pretty regular periods. This month I had all my usual fertile signs (increased libido, constipation, watery cm around CD 11/12, but never got o pains or a positive opk. The fertile signs went away, and then started again about a week later. I ended up getting a positive opk and o pain on CD 20. If you’ve been sick or stressing about something it could definitely delay your ovulation. A couple of times in the past few years I’ve even had it delayed to CD 30 something when I’ve had A LOT going on in my work or personal life.

Do you have an accurate thermometer? I would take your temp when you first wake up tomorrow and if it’s over 36.4 I would assume you have ovulated already.
But if you try to babydance every other day or thereabouts you should also be covered. I hope you figure it out.

One single temperature doesn't mean anything, you need to look for a pattern to confirm ovulation.

Do NOT use FMU for OPK unless the test specifically says to. They are not used the same as HPT. You could be missing your surge because of using at the wrong time of day.

You don't know need to use right after AF, you can save tests and test closer to O. Example, if you've been tracking and know you generally O around cycle day 12, test around cd9, stopping after positive.

It’s possible it was delayed. I usually ovulate around CD 15 and have pretty regular periods. This month I had all my usual fertile signs (increased libido, constipation, watery cm around CD 11/12, but never got o pains or a positive opk. The fertile signs went away, and then started again about a week later. I ended up getting a positive opk and o pain on CD 20. If you’ve been sick or stressing about something it could definitely delay your ovulation. A couple of times in the past few years I’ve even had it delayed to CD 30 something when I’ve had A LOT going on in my work or personal life.
Thank you for replying

Do you have an accurate thermometer? I would take your temp when you first wake up tomorrow and if it’s over 36.4 I would assume you have ovulated already.
But if you try to babydance every other day or thereabouts you should also be covered. I hope you figure it out.
My thermometer isn’t accurate unfortunately and when I’ve tried temping in the past my schedule was so wacky it was hard to keep it consistent. Thanks for replying

One single temperature doesn't mean anything, you need to look for a pattern to confirm ovulation.

Do NOT use FMU for OPK unless the test specifically says to. They are not used the same as HPT. You could be missing your surge because of using at the wrong time of day.

You don't know need to use right after AF, you can save tests and test closer to O. Example, if you've been tracking and know you generally O around cycle day 12, test around cd9, stopping after positive.
I think the instructions say to use FMU. It’s cheap tests off Amazon. The only reason I start testing right after AF is because I have so many tests. I don’t have an accurate thermometer to temp. When I used to temp my schedule was so wacky it was hard to keep it straight.
Thanks for replying

I’m gonna go ahead and keep OPK testing. Woke up this morning with loads of EWCM. Thinking it’s delayed ovulation.

Make sure you test twice a day too! This month I had a negative test at 7 am and then a positive at 2 pm.

Wasn’t able to test 2xday. Finally got a +OPK on 12/22(CD 15). We have BD daily to every other day from CD until CD 15. We’re gonna try to squeeze in one more time today but it’ll be hard as I have to baby sit and he has to run out and Christmas shop. Thanks to all who replied. Don’t let the comments stop. Feel free to say hi ☺️

Hope you caught the egg this month! You are just a week behind me in your cycle! I saw in your signature you have endo... I just had mine officially diagnosed and removed this past July. How are you feeling about your chances?

Hope you caught the egg this month! You are just a week behind me in your cycle! I saw in your signature you have endo... I just had mine officially diagnosed and removed this past July. How are you feeling about your chances?
I’m feeling better about my chances than last month. I have my endo removed. Unfortunately battling male infertility. He’s taking Clomid. Didn’t help with count but greatly helped with motility. I was able to get in one more BD as tonight will be 36 hours and I usually feel my O symptoms at 24 hours. Thanks for replying.

Do you feel like your endo has returned at all in the time since it was removed? I was symptom free for 4 months and then I started having some of my symptoms come back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->