What a immature inconsiderate *******!!!

The amount of status on FB on the weekend about people being tipsy or drunk while the kids are under their care. Is this any better then someone smoking a joint? I think not!

Now it's my bedtime ladies, so I am off. Maybe, just maybe bnb won't take 2-3 minutes to switch pages tomorrow... FX for that!

ugh. its been doing that to you too? i thought it was my computer lol

No been like this for me since like the 25th of February or longer... driving me nuts!

Now it's my bedtime ladies, so I am off. Maybe, just maybe bnb won't take 2-3 minutes to switch pages tomorrow... FX for that!

I noticed that it gets like that around the same time for me. 11:42ish PM.

Mine is all day, every day :(

I love how ones on here commented negatively on another thread about another mother doing [SIZE="[B][/B]"]other[/SIZE] illegal drugs whilst caring for a child.

Pot calling the kettle black or what?

Umm unless they were calling down pot, I see no difference and I just LOVE how you continue to come in here and insinuate arguments, seriously, aren't you done yet? :dohh:

Ah... lol, here comes the 'illegal' thing again. As far as I know, pot is NOT illegal in every country like every other drug, if pot was THAT bad, would it not be outlawed everywhere like heroin, crack, ecstasy, etc? :flower:
It is outlawed for recreational use in most places. And where it isn't there are strong movements to do so.
No strong movements here :hi: no problems either!!! :)

If my OH smoked a joint and we needed to go to hospital, the sheer panic would sober him up enough that in all honesty it wouldn't bother me for him to drive (only in an emergency) but I also do have a valid drivers license, as well as around 1000 people in my town, area which I could get to drive me if need be. I am sure most people have neighbors, and I mean if you want to never have a sip of wine or what have you, just because something might happen and you might need to drive someone to the hospital that is really not teaching your children well either is it? Lets raise a bunch of paranoid people who do not know how to enjoy themselves without thinking What if What if What if. I understand your point, but to live in constant fear or worry, isn't a good idea at all either.

Also my post you quoted was a joke, and really I shouldn't care.

Also, I know a few who aren't too sharpe without smoking marijuana, lol... sometimes it's not needed to slow things down.
Joke... just so you know. :flower:

Also yes, we chose to have children. I was there, so I am sure I know and understand that part, but that doesn't mean everything needs to change. I can guarentee my home is just as safe, loving, caring, open, warm as anyone elses. Even though " Dum dum dummmmm" pot has been in it! :shock:

I am sorry about your friends child, that must have been terrifying :( Very rare I am sure though to not be able to get an ambulance or taxi in most areas. I know two paramedics personally and we are out of town, small village and most nights they aren't getting many calls which is a good thing.

You do understand it is not medically possible for a 'shock' to rid someones system of a toxin that affects their brain. You might think he can scare himself sharp but the reality is, his reactions would be delayed. Not to mention again, driving under the influence is illegal, or do you think you can simply say 'Its ok office he got a scare so he's no longer dangerous:dohh:'

Look hunnie, I know my husband, I know how he reacts, and trust me when I say this (or don't, I'm a shady pot head lover with no morals, and break the laws like a total bad ass) but it wouldn't worry me if my husband just smoked a joint and we had to rush to the hospital. Say and think what you want, you aren't here so you do not know. Everyone reacts differently, just like 1 drink. I know many who can have 4-5 and still be under the legal limit and still be okay to drive. I though, am not one of them and wouldn't drive even after a sip. I know my body.

It's not about paranoia, it is about making sure you stay sharp. What I'm teaching my child is responsibility. That if there is a possibility you might need to drive, avoid taking a mind bending substance. I don't sit and worry all the time, I simply don't think that having a drink is so important and so vital that it absolutely must be done, regardless of the potential consequences.

Sure the majority of the time an ambulance is available but it does happen, especially in town, on a Friday and Saturday - ironically because they're so busy scooping up drunks. And it happens more often than you would think. But it only takes once. Just the other day there was a report in my home town that a baby had died because they were unable to get an ambulance to their home. Is a glass of wine worth that, no matter how small the chances are of it happening?

But for those who think it is perfectly ok. If you had a child in day care or used a babysitter and you discovered they were drinking or smoking whilst your child was in care, do you really think you'd be ok with that.

ETA: I did get that your link was a joke. But unfortunately people will seriously take that attitude. In that respect, it just wasn't funny.

Well seems like nothing is going to lighten you up, whatever, I don't care. It's one thing to have an opinion and to not like marijuana but you are way OTT hunnie. Most women on here have had a drink or two while their children were home, I am sure a few while they were in bed and were the only adults home... it's not a terrible thing, nor is it the end of the world. You really need to lighten up a little. The world is full of "what ifs" and "just in case"

You do understand it is not medically possible for a 'shock' to rid someones system of a toxin that affects their brain. You might think he can scare himself sharp but the reality is, his reactions would be delayed. Not to mention again, driving under the influence is illegal, or do you think you can simply say 'Its ok office he got a scare so he's no longer dangerous:dohh:'

My thoughts exactly :thumbup:

Again, you do not know how my husband is, or what he does. You might have near ruined your life with marijuana, but like others have tried to point out, everyone is different, and in fact my husband doesn't smoke it effin brains out, :haha: he has a small small joint, and only really smokes a good amount if out at a party, which happens maybe once a year or less.....

I love how ones on here commented negatively on another thread about another mother doing other illegal drugs whilst caring for a child.

:thumbup: Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that!

What Other drug were they talking about??????????

I will say here and now and back myself on it 100% a mother doing crack/cocaine, heroine, E, Acid etc.. while her children are in her care is very stupid and any mother who abuses narcotics like that should lose their children. Those are serious and terribly harmful drugs that could make
them harm or shit, even forget their child is around. Yes, those OTHER drugs I do find terrible and that is all.

Marijuana isn't those, it's different and not just the smokers think so, shit scientists even think so and have research to back it, lol. totally different and seriously it's not that mature to bring other threads into here. I am sure I could dig up enough to have a few people's feet in their mouth!
I did say what i thought?
You are saying what you think, but enough is enough.

The amount of status on FB on the weekend about people being tipsy or drunk while the kids are under their care. Is this any better then someone smoking a joint? I think not!

Drinking isn't better, in fact I feel it way worse than a joint, but that's just me.

I love how ones on here commented negatively on another thread about another mother doing other illegal drugs whilst caring for a child.

are you talking about my thread? she was doing cocaine and ectasy. i find that very different than pot.
and i didn't call her down. I truly feel bad for the entire family, not only the child. I have no doubt that she loves her baby, whose now under care by her aunt. She's in rehab and I truly hope she sorts things out and gets everything under control so she can get her baby back.

That too is totally unacceptable. It amazes me how people think it is in any way, the right thing to do.

Look hunnie, I know my husband, I know how he reacts, and trust me when I say this (or don't, I'm a shady pot head lover with no morals, and break the laws like a total bad ass) but it wouldn't worry me if my husband just smoked a joint and we had to rush to the hospital. Say and think what you want, you aren't here so you do not know. Everyone reacts differently, just like 1 drink. I know many who can have 4-5 and still be under the legal limit and still be okay to drive. I though, am not one of them and wouldn't drive even after a sip. I know my body.
First of all, I'm not anyone's "hunnie":dohh:

Second of all, if your husband really does have the miraculous power to magically rid his body of toxins by "scaring himself sober" then you best get in touch with the scientific community, they would love to study him.

The only thing worse than being unable to assess a situation, is being unable to accept that you are unable to assess a situation. You can convince yourself that your husband is perfectly able to drive after having weed as much as you like and if you want to trust your most precious family with him, that is your choice. Let's just hope he doesn't kill mine or anyone elses in the process.

Well seems like nothing is going to lighten you up, whatever, I don't care. It's one thing to have an opinion and to not like marijuana but you are way OTT hunnie. Most women on here have had a drink or two while their children were home, I am sure a few while they were in bed and were the only adults home... it's not a terrible thing, nor is it the end of the world. You really need to lighten up a little. The world is full of "what ifs" and "just in case"
I have no need to "lighten up" I'm relaxed enough as it is - and I am capable of being that way without chemical adjustment - legal or otherwise. If you need "something" to help you relax, I'd suggest there are bigger problems at play. That women choose to drink when they are in charge of children is their business. Whilst it remains legal that is their choice. As long as they are aware they can be charged with neglect if they are found unable to properly care for their children and fully understand the risks they are taking. What is worrying is that so many seem not to accept there are risks which means they really have no idea what they are doing. Personally, I don't feel that alcohol (or any drug) is a neccesary thing to have in my life. I'm not so sure what is so wrong with that.

I don't think I ever said that some one wasn't allowed to have their own opinion. Wouldn't that ruin the point of a debate thread. I was just posting rebutles and information. I just also implyed that "I" thought some of the stories has other factors. You can say I'm wrong, but I don't know what happened on those days and I can only make calls from experience and education. Only the medical examiner really knows what happened.
If you find my posts to be boring then just simply pass by them. They seem to be valid and informative to other girls.

I have also had the experience of something serious happen will I was high. It is very possible to loose your high when your mind goes into another place. I'm not saying that it happens to everyone and it's not typical but it does happen. Just like when you're tipsy and you almost fall down the stairs. It kinda sobers you up a bit because you're no longer in the "moment."

okay hunnie, how about this, I agree with you and it's done?
I am done fighting, I know my husband and I don't just sit there and watch him smoke his brains out and drive around with my kids in the car... come on now. I said IF something happened (which I drive too and don't drink or do any drugs) and he needed to drive to hospital it wouldn't worry me too much, in fact maybe it would be better in some conditions, like severe emergency, keep him calmer and less likely to panic and run off the road or speed like crazy, hell I don't know. I wouldn't worry and I highly doubt he would hurt anyone since he has never been in an accident before *touch wood* and drives daily for longer periods of time. I do not think driving while high/or just smoked a joint is okay, and I do not condone it but if an emergency happened and we couldn't get an ambulance (again, I know two medics personally within a few minutes of me) and I couldn't get any neighbors to drive (seriously wouldn't happen) and for some strange reason I was physically unable to drive, and it was do or die, I wouldn't worry. Now, joe blow down the road might be totally different and crash before getting out of his drive way, so I do not think it's okay to drive after smoking, so please do not twist it like I am saying that.

xxxxxx :flower:

Ok I don't think other threads should be brought into this.

I am going to report any post that is, because this is ridiculous.

I can't believe people live their lives saying 'what if'. We have a drink in the house i.e. a glass of wine with a meal or occasionally 2 but does that make us bad parents - I don't think so. If that's the case then all my friends, who incidentally include an A&E consultant, join the ranks of bad parents. I could live my life saying 'what if' and 'just in case' - so I better not take the car out again, cross the road etc. You can't live your life like that, IMO.

I can't believe people live their lives saying 'what if'. We have a drink in the house i.e. a glass of wine with a meal or occasionally 2 but does that make us bad parents - I don't think so. If that's the case then all my friends, who incidentally include an A&E consultant, join the ranks of bad parents. I could live my life saying 'what if' and 'just in case' - so I better not take the car out again, cross the road etc. You can't live your life like that, IMO.

So you suggest doing anything you want to do and to hell with the consequences?

Nice.:dohh:

You assess risk and you decide which levels of risk you are willing to take. Crossing the road etc, are different risk categories to other activities. I have rock climbed, abseiled, bungee jumped, hitchhike, rode across country on a motorbike etc. Would I do them all now? Probably not. There are some consequences which are acceptable to some but not to others. If you live rurally and know that an ambulance may take a while to get to you, then maybe you don't drink. That is your assessment of the risk and you go with it.

There are lots of 'what ifs' that people consider in their lives. We live our lives with the mantra of 'no regrets' and have done for a long time. I know what guilt can do when something goes wrong. So if OH and I chose not to do certain things because we consider the risk is too much then so be it. You might not think it's 'living' but for me the consequences of some things are too much just to be brushed aside. I have been the 1 in 10000 and that is a bit of a wake up call.

Foogirl:
I didn't know that about it being outlawed. Even if it was, I still wouldn't care, I use it for insomnia, is that not a medical condition which marijuana IS legal for in many countries? I can tell you I would rather be stoned of a night while LO is in bed so I can get a good night's sleep than be sleep-deprived when my boy sleeps through the night and be useless to him the next day. Having said that, even if I was stoned all day, I would still be better off than being sleep-deprived. I am more than capable of doing anything I want to do while under the influence of marijuana, day or night. I can't do that while sleep deprived.
I view pot as a sedative, yes, because it is, and use it for that purpose only. Not because I want to willingly break the law--because I can't sleep. Pills don't work for me. I went a year without smoking (and wasn't tempted to as I was/am not addicted to it) and it was hell for me to sleep again once I stopped BF and the sleepy hormone it gives went with the milk. I went 11 months being just fine and didn't think of pot once. When I stopped BF it got to the point where I was surviving on 3-4 hours sleep and my body is not conditioned to get up in the night anymore as LO has basically slept through (1x night waking up till 10 months, and it was a habit waking, so he was left to go back to sleep on his own.)
So I went back to pot as I know nothing else works for me for insomnia. I can't drive, but if I could, there isn't any way I could drive on that amount of sleep. (I wouldn't while stoned either but bear with me.) A couple of tokes a night gives me 8 hours sleep and I am a much better mother along with that much needed sleep. So even though I am not licensed, I could drive as I've had enough sleep and am not a danger to anyone else on the road :) In an emergency, that means a lot to me. I want to be the best mother I can be to LO and for that, I need sleep. Pills are addictive, and as I said, have no effect on me. Pot is not addictive and has the effect I need it to have.
Am I really doing anything wrong if pot is prescribed for medical reasons then? Severe sleep deprivation is a medical problem, as far as I know-- isn't it used as a form of torture? I don't want to go there, so I choose this route for me.

To the girls who smoke pot- did you all smoke pot during your pregnancies?

Thought I'd better elaborate before I get jumped on lol. I did before I knew, so yes there. I was around my OH who smoked it, so yes there too. I used it to combat morning sickness ON THE ADVICE of my doctor, got a second opinion, and was told if smoked without tobacco, which is how I smoke it, it posed no risk to the pregnancy, so yes, I smoked it for nausea. It worked. I know several mothers who have done the same thing and all their kids are fine, so is mine, and I don't want to hear the argument that 'just because your kid is fine blah blah.' My son IS fine and he has not experienced any problems. That is all that matters to me on that subject.
A doctor/s would NOT OK it if it was truly all that dangerous. I was told to give up smoking cigarettes, which I could not for want of trying. Yet when I asked about pot, I was told that there had been no proven link between pot smoking and anything--by 2 doctors and a midwife. Would I take advice off doctors and midwives or strangers with no medical degrees who are more likely to disagree with what I did, which I'm sure some on here will. That is fine; that's your opinion. Mine was formed with the assistance of people who work for years and years to get their degrees, see a LOT worse than pot smokers every day lol, and so I am more than happy to go with them.
If they had said to stop immediately, you can bet I would have. Cigarettes were a demon for me, but pot is not and would not have been and I can definitely say that without a doubt pot would have gone if I felt it would pose a risk to my unborn baby.

Pinklightbulb- I know quite a few who smoked marijuana while pregnant, especially for the morning sickness help. I do not know about effects on the baby etc... and I am not a doctor so I can't say too much else about that. I won't say good for you, lol as I am sure you understand why, just like for the smoking. I smoked off and on when I was pregnant, went days and days without but couldn't fully kick the habit. I seen the specialist and she explained to me anything under 7 cigarettes a day is really good, and that and under isn't known to cause any real harm to the baby, but over wasn't good at all. I kept it to around 1-2 a day, and like I said, would go near a week without them. I quit fully the day my daughter was born and haven't looked back. It's harder for some than others though. Anyways, not condoning use of marijuana while pregnant but the people I know who did, have very healthy children and are very smart too. I do not know how things will turn out as they are still children and I hate when people use the "my child is fine and I did/do it" as that isn't proof, kwim? I don't think any serious risk is posed to a fetus, and in fact believe smoking cigs is probably worse for baby overall, even though both should be avoided, I do not judge. :hugs: Just wanted to share my opinion :) xx

And, no since I do not smoke it, nor was I around it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->