What a joke cinema prices are!

TwilightAgain

LTW for our LO <3
Reaction score
I can't believe how expensive the cinema is these days. I looked up how much it would cost for an adult to go to see a 3D film - £11.45 + £1 for glasses. £13 to see a film for one person is an absolute joke! And its £9.45 for a standard film. So thats almost £20 if not over for two adults to go to the cinema :wacko:

Anyone remember back in the day when you went with your parent and it cost like £7.50 between you both. Cinema prices these days are absolutely ridiculous :growlmad: plus the amount for food/nibbles.

Anyone else get mad at this? Its cheaper to buy the film on dvd and get a take away than what it is to go out, but thats crap because you end up still stuck in the house :dohh:

I remember on Mondays and Thursdays you could go to our local cinema for £2! This was about 10 yrs ago. It's a joke isn't it!

If you plan to go a lot the unlimited passes are good value. I know loads of people with them. I'm sure my mum said she only needs to go once a week to get her moneys worth but she goes way more than that.

Here it is $18 for a student (I'm a uni student) and $22 for an adult!!and a child is like $13 or something!!my four year old cost $13!

I thought that was pretty good for the cinema lol

ive had one of the cinema cards for about 12yrs:blush: and ive gotten my moneys worth out of it.u only really have to go 2 times a month to get the benefit of it,but ive used it way more than that in the past.

it would take a really good film to make me pay the full price to go see it

It's crazy! There is a cinema near us that does a "super saver" day every Tuesday where all tickets are £2.95. That's the only way we ever go to the cinema anymore. My OH and my best friend both used to work in different cinemas so for about four years I never had to pay and could get in for free! We used to go every week. I miss those days :haha:

We went a little while ago to see a 3d film and it cost £32 just for 2 of us.

Thats without the £8 for parking or any refreshments (which we dont bother wirh because of price)
Just for cinema and a meal for a rare evening out cost over £80.
No wonder we dont bother.

Ive got a cinema pass,its def worth it. For a while only my oh had one and we would just go on wednesdays on his pass with an orange code but i felt restricted as i like to go at the weekend.

We used to do Orange Wednesdays 241 every week but cant really do it now, hubby gets military discount and I get student discount, it's still a treat for us, especially when we have to pay £20 for a baby sitter too! It costs us easily £65 to just have a nandos and cinema night!

Its crazy :wacko:

My OH and I usually just go on wednesdays but its a bit frustrating. The Empire cinema is really good for reasonable seats but there isn't one here :(

Only cineworld I believe do monthly passes but we don't live beside one :( well we do, but its quite a bit further away than the one we live beside.

I don't understand how they can justify ripping people off. It used to be just food that cost a fortune, nots it both. Ridiculous!

OH and I were discussing this the other week as it is like 314 for one of us to take LO to the cinema. And we think its these prices that breed piracy culture. There are a lot of films one would like to see, but I wouldnt deem them to be worth paying £9 to see..........maybe £5 or so. Ok so I get they have staff, electric, rent etc to pay for along with whatever distribution rights of the films....but its crazy.

Problem is..........people will still go.

Me and hubby have only been once in 3 years and that was to see The Hobbit (we LOVE Tolkien!) otherwise we are happy to wait till it comes out on DVD.

Its a bit cheaper here think its £7 for standard film cant remember for 3d film. ?We go rarely now cus by time we pay for tickets drink and something to eat ur spending like £40 for a few hours

I love a cinema date though! It's the one thing we do when the opportunity arises!

Our nearest cinema is a Vue one, so we do Orange weds which is obviously BOGOF or Super Saver Tues which is all day discount prices. If we're taking LO we go to Kids AM which is Saturday and Sunday mornings I think 9-11, and its only £1.75 per adult and H is free as she is only 2.

And always bring ur own goodies, buy a bottle of juice each, some sweeties or crisps from ur local shop and it'll coz you less than half the price, chuck them in a giant handbag :D For this reason we went to the cinema for orange weds last week ad it cost us £6.90 :happydance:

It's a shame you don't have a cineworld near you - you can save 10% if you sign up and buy tickets online, that's what I do. I took my lo and his friend to see Monsters Inc 3D a while ago and it was £28 for the 3 of us (with discount)! I had sweets for Charlie with me but his friend wanted a hot dog and popcorn which was almost a tenner :shock: I love the cinema but it is really expensive now.

In Belfast, Northern Ireland, tickets range from £3 to £6 (including 3D). A family pass for a Friday Evening 3D film is £16 for 2 adults and 2 children. The complex isn't dingy either, very modern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->