What a joke cinema prices are!

dh takes Jack to the Autism screening once a month and its only a fiver for Jack and dh gets in free because Jack has a cinema card so his carer gets in for nothing. it costs just over a fiver a year but well worth it

also in the holidays we usually go and see something when Lana is at nursery, i only have to pay for the 2 kids and parking is free

I used to only go to chuck popcorn at people haha

I don't know if it's the same as in the UK, but in the US the cinemas actually lose money when they play films. Apparently it is just so expensive to run them that only the true box hits make them any money. The concessions are what they really make money off of, hence why they're ridiculously expensive.

Our nearest cinema is a Vue one, so we do Orange weds which is obviously BOGOF or Super Saver Tues which is all day discount prices. If we're taking LO we go to Kids AM which is Saturday and Sunday mornings I think 9-11, and its only £1.75 per adult and H is free as she is only 2.

And always bring ur own goodies, buy a bottle of juice each, some sweeties or crisps from ur local shop and it'll coz you less than half the price, chuck them in a giant handbag :D For this reason we went to the cinema for orange weds last week ad it cost us £6.90 :happydance:

yea u can bring ur own stuff but if u get caught u can get thrown out cant u

thats what i love about the autism screenings, you can take your own food

Our nearest cinema is a Vue one, so we do Orange weds which is obviously BOGOF or Super Saver Tues which is all day discount prices. If we're taking LO we go to Kids AM which is Saturday and Sunday mornings I think 9-11, and its only £1.75 per adult and H is free as she is only 2.

And always bring ur own goodies, buy a bottle of juice each, some sweeties or crisps from ur local shop and it'll coz you less than half the price, chuck them in a giant handbag :D For this reason we went to the cinema for orange weds last week ad it cost us £6.90 :happydance:

I don't think they'd throw you out. Maybe just the food you'd brought? I've never had anyone check my bags though. My Gran and I used to sneak McDonalds in :lol:

We used to go alllll the time before LO! Most wednesdays as it was BOGOF! We don't go now, its too expensive and too stressful to organise a sitter ect. We buy a film and get a takeaway/nibbles now :thumbup: We went to the cinema for valentines day and it cost us £35 for the 2 of us. And it was at the dingey cinema close to us, we used to drive a bit further and go to deluxe *sigh* those we're the days...

I live in Canada its 11.00 something for an adult i think?

Me and OH go every 2nd weekend my mom watches Jordyn.. we go to costco and for 28 dollars you get 2 movie passes 2 large popcorn and 2 large drinks.. such a good deal!

We where thinking about getting the passes but the nearesr ciniworld is a bit of a nasty dangerous area and last few times we went there about 10 years ago I kept coming out with flea bites.

I remember on Mondays and Thursdays you could go to our local cinema for £2! This was about 10 yrs ago. It's a joke isn't it!

It's £2.50 to go here on Tuesdays at a certain cinema and Wednesdays at another. Can be busy but at least it's cheap!

I don't think they'd throw you out. Maybe just the food you'd brought? I've never had anyone check my bags though. My Gran and I used to sneak McDonalds in :lol:

OH and I used to sneak wine in pre babies :haha:

I can remember going to cinema as a teenager and buying a ticket and drink and still have enough change to buy a burger from Mcdonalds on the way home --- all from £5 pocket money on a SAT too!

Where are you looking? At AMC Great Northern the full price is £6.80 for normal ticket and £9.55 for 3D inc glasses. It's a lot cheaper for daytime weekday showings too. The seats are comfier than printworks imo and it never gets full. We get drinks and snacks from the little sainsburys over the road first snd have never been told I can't take them in with me.

I haven't been to the cinema since last September, we just can't afford it. Instead we go to Xtra-vision and hire 2 new releases with all the goodies in a deal. When we went last time, it cost nearly £40 pounds between tickets, parking and popcorn (we got drinks and sweets from home and hid them in my bag).

I have an odeon card, but I suppose you have to go there enough to get any value from it.

It really is a total rip off :nope: I don't know how they can even charge those types of prices and stay in business.
I haven't been in years, I refuse to go on principle, and I'd rather just wait and get the film from lovefilm

Where are you looking? At AMC Great Northern the full price is £6.80 for normal ticket and £9.55 for 3D inc glasses. It's a lot cheaper for daytime weekday showings too. The seats are comfier than printworks imo and it never gets full. We get drinks and snacks from the little sainsburys over the road first snd have never been told I can't take them in with me.

I was looking at the Trafford Centre because its got food and free parking :) we ended up going to a late showing at the AMC its only £5 after 11 :)

DH and i rarely go cos of the extortionate prices - i rather snuggle up on the sofa and watch a film in the comfort of our own home... plus with 2 under 2, i hardly have time to settle down and watch a film.

DH's dad gave us a voucher which was something like 2 for the price of 1 - we then went for a chinese buffet and grandparents babysat LO as i was pregnant with no.2 which cost us round £30 for the whole night including soft drinks but it was a rare treat for us.

I think its ridiculous as peak times here is like £8.50 and then off peak is like £10.50 which is a rip off. I know this couple which go every 2 weeks or so, they must pay a fortune

We rarely go now because of the cost :( although I sneak in.my own snacks.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned but if you have a premier cinemas near u all tickets are £4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->