What a rollercoaster of a pregnancy!

Jake_1

1 boy & 1 Girl - Perfect!
Reaction score
I just wanted to share my story with you all!

I got my bfp on the 7th of November and af was due on the 9th so put me down as 4 weeks on the 9th. Went for a scan at what should have been 6+2 and sonographer said there was an empty sac and couldn't be much over 5 weeks. I told her I was pretty sure with my dates and there is no way that was possible so she then told me the pregnancy had most likely failed (blighted ovum).

Went back to my OB that day who said it really didn't look good - he was pretty sure of my dates also and said my HCG was taking 9 days to double now but said he would scan me in a week and make sure. Went back a week later scan showed a baby measuring 6 weeks ( by my dates should be 7 weeks) but with a heartbeat. He said he wasn't sure what was going on but thought most likely a slow failing pregnancy cause it was too far behind my dates. Said he scan me in another week and we would see what happens but not to get my hopes up.

Went back today (8 weeks by my dates - 7 by what they were saying) and BAM - my peanut with a nice strong hb measuring 8 weeks 2 days - exactly what it should be by my original dates! OB was a bit perplexed but hey who cares - its a good outcome! He said somehow it had caught back up!

Just proves that maybe the docs dont always get it right and it is worth holding out hope! Thanks for reading sorry its so long x

Here's a pic of my bean x

Attachments

• Bean.jpg
    Bean.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 46
oh wow, its nice to hear a happy ending , condrats you must be chuffed! xx

ah thats lovely - with so many sad stories i just love the happy endings. Great pic too - have my 8 week scan a week on monday and getting really nervous. Congratulations. x

Ah so glad you had a happy outcome, must have been a worrying week or two. Hope rest of pregnancy nice and smooth.

Fab news and great pic. So good that your doc kept monitoring you every week and now your bean has caught up... I'm going for scan on monday so hopefully I will have a lovely wee pic like yours to post on Monday night!

Oh how lovely, congratulations hon x

awww that's brilliant news - I am so happy for you xx

What a wonderful heart warming story :) I hope the rest of your pregnancy is healthy and happy :) xx

That is wonderful news!!!!
Congrats!!!
xxx

Wow, what a story!!!

So glad the doctor was proved wrong! Congratulations!!!

What a fantastic outcome but a horrible few weeks for you. Hope the rest of your pregnancy runs smoothly.

Jake....pretty much the same thing happened to me. They wanted me to do a d and c. Told me I was going to miscarry! So glad everything is OK with your baby. Miracle babies we have!! :) xoxo

thats great news sweety!! baby is right on time and looking fantastic!!!! xxx

Aw glad it all worked out for you, its nice to know there can be happy endings! xx

aww thats such good news, i started reading like :sad1: another bad news post, but you made me smile, congrats miracle baby!!!

:D

x

That's great news! I was wondering how you'd gone on. Congrats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->