What age do you think is best?

angel1990

<3 Craig and Amy Loo <3
Reaction score
what age do you think personnally is the best age to have kids? i say 18 - 24 and thats only so that you can still run round with them more. obviously everyone is diffrent but thats my opinion, bout yours?

i always knew i wanted lots of children, so i promised myself i would be married and with my first by the time in 25 - i was married in October last year, my son was born in April this year and I just turned 25 in May - so just made it!

Then again - i would never have "settled" with someone just to have kids by this age - i was just lucky enough to find my soul mate when i was 23!

It depends on everyone - age is just a number i suppose!

I'd say the age where you are emotionally ready, have a secure stable relationship with the same man for a number of years, are secure financially and can provide for a child long-term not just immediately, and ideally have your own house so that you don't have the upheaval of potentially having to move when a lease is up etc. You've experienced enough of life to be self-less enough to put your child first always.

My dad became a father to me at 36 and he still did all the things younger fathers did, so I don't think age matters, as long as you're fit and healthy. My mum was much younger but didn't run about with us as much as my dad did.

For me personally, I was ready at 26 but have to wait for hubby to be ready now!

I don't believe it's an age thing at all. It's more of a maturity thing. For example, when I was 18 I was extremely mature, as was my husband (although we weren't married then!) We got engaged and I'd say we could have been emotionally ready then. However, we didn't want children then. We're now 26 (27 in a few weeks) and although I would have preferred to have had my first child earlier, I don't think there is any problem with my age now. I know people that are the same age as me that are so immature and just selfish really that they probably wouldn't be ready yet.

People are quick to judge with age, but I really don't think it should be about that at all. As long as you feel ready, that's all that matters, whatever age you are xx

I do think any age as long as you feel ready and your circumstances are right, i know theres lots of fit & healthy older mums out there who are also able to run around after their child like maybe a young mum would but saying that, you dont know what is round the corner, so if your young when u feel ready, id say that was best and go for it. i think ive just contradicted myself lol

I agree with all the above posts, but for me personally i always wanted to have 1 or be pregnant by the time i was 25. I met my husband at 16 and i just knew we would be having kids together, i had my daughter when i was 25 :)

My OH and I are definately ready now, and we are both about to turn 20. It just really depends on the couple. For me I want to be able to enjoy them while Im young. But other ladies still feel young when they are into their 40 sometimes 50(look into the news with the 56 yr old pregnant woman) My step mom and Dad are ttc right now and they are in their 40s. But for me, now is probably the ideal time.

Speaking as one of these decrepit old women who will apparently be hobbling or wheezing after her toddler...
I'm kidding! I know you didn't mean it like that! :)
I really think it's more about situation than age. I know some amazing women who are doing an incredible job of being a single mum. I take my hat off to them, but I personally would not want to parent on my own. I love having my partner there to share the burdens and the joys.
I also prefer being an older mum. I have more energy than most people ten years younger than me, as I work with kids in a very physically active program. That takes a lot of energy and I haven't shown any signs of flagging yet. I also like the patience and life experience I bring to parenting. Career-wise, I think coming from and going back to, an established well-paid job is an asset, as well. It was another reason to wait for me and was definitely the right choice. It takes the stress off in terms of financially providing.
I say to each their own. For every situation we'll find examples of people making it work and people struggling. I can give you heaps of reasons why waiting was a great choice for me, but only you know what's best for you in the end.

umm i think that aslong as your both ready then it doesnt matter, i met rhys when i was 16 and i gave birth at 19 but he was 23. i think it depends on the couple

xxxxxxxxxx

I always wanted to be pregnant at 19, I don't know why, it was just a feeling I had! 1 and 9 are my lucky numbers!!! We're looking to TTC next year, possibly the year after, so I'll be 20/21. We both agree we want to start having kids before he turns 25 so we can run around with them - we're both big kids ourselves, so we want to retain some of that 'fun' energy to share in time with our kids!!!! :happydance:

20-30......... I dunno.. I'm split between what our bodies are made to do (be done having our children by 21) and what is realistic in modern society.. I think if everyone starts having children at 18-19, then there certainly will be a dip in people bothering to go to university etc...

That said, atleast 18 isn't 12. I honestly cannot even comprehend being pregnant at 11-12. I still believed in santa.

Sorry for going off on one, still half asleep.

I think people should have children when they're ready. When you're ready is a personal decision.

Although I think before 18 it's pretty stupid to decide you're ready for children. Just IMO though... People who get pregnant before 18 by accident are a different group entirely. Choosing to live up to your responsibility and choosing to give yourself the responsibility in the first place are two different things entirely...

I make no sense at 7am. Hope someone can deciepher what I'm saying.

I think the right age, for me, would have been 23-24.. that being said, I had my first at 19 and will probably have my 2nd by then :dohh:

Just depends on your values, dreams for your life, maturity level, relationship, etc.

I agree with the ladies who say its about situation and maturity. When I was 18 I zipped off to uni and certainly wasn't ready to look after another little life, despite being fairly mature for my age. Now I'm 25 and I have a fantastic husband, my own house and a good career.

I do think women should take their bodies into account though - its all well and good having a fantastic career but I think there are probably tonnes of slightly older ladies in TTC and LTTTC who would swap that to go back and have babies earlier. I don't necessarily believe the whole "running around after them is easier for a younger mum" stuff though.

For me it was when I'd finished uni and got some of my more risky travelling out of the way that would have been difficult with a child. I could barely look after myself until I finished uni, let alone a baby! :D

Here in Spain women have kids a lot later than back home in the uk, once they have gone to uni, got a stable job (which isn't easy here!), so a lot of women are in or near their 30's when they start TTC, like me.

I agree with what people have said about maturity rather than age. I always wanted to have my children young, but always wanted to be in a stable relationship first. I had my LO when I was 25, and am now a single mum, and looking back I don't think I wouldh've never been able to do this any younger. I also wouldh've always wanted to have finished having children by time I was 33-35, however as I am now 28 and still waiting for prince charming I may now have to extend that age!!!:rofl:

well i had mine at 19, but if i could change anything i would of waited till i was about 25, because i have missed out on alot of time being out with friends and thingd such as that, but i wouldnt change my baby now for the world x

I don't think there is a right age really it all depends on the people involved. You could be very mature and very ready for a child at 18 and be able to provide everything to that child but then for some people that doesn't happen until late 20's early 30's or even 40's. I personally had been ready since 18 but it was only due to finding out that I was pregnant that made me sort my life out and grow up alot more, unfortunately I miscarried but I had got to a point of sorting my life out that I didn't want to go back to how I was and I really wanted children

I think it is more to do with maturity and life experience rather than age.

I know at 20 even though I might have been in my physical prime I hadn't acheived the things in life that I wanted to achieve. Now I have and those are the things that make me who I am to this day.

I'm 26 now and I think even a year ago I was a different person maturity wise. I feel the more life I have the more I have to give to my future children to help them live enriched lives.

Well for me i looved that i was pregnant with my first at 19 (even though i didnt plan to) but i think its different for everyone, it depends when you are emotionally and financially ready. I'm really lucky that we are both :) But i want to stop having children by the time i'm 28 and i want to have 4 babies :lol:

Before i got pregnant though i wanted to have children about 22 and be married by 21, i met my OH when i was 15 so i had always thought of this with him though :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->