What age should I continue to force my daughter to see her dad?

Why don't you reduce the contacts to a few hours every other weekend or so...and go from there. Make it perfectly clear though that he lets her down by not turning up and it's game over for him.

But he is only bothering every few months? So a few hours every other weekend would be a huge step up.

frst u need to make sure he isnt doing anything to hurt her, and if he isnt..

maybe they could benefit from some therapy together...

i know its hard seeing her not want to go to her dad but her dad is just as important as you are ...how would u feel it if was reverse? Would u want some sort of help in the area or would u want yanked out of her life?

i would also make the therapist make a set scedual and make hi aware how import it is for him to keep to it

The dad obvs isn't though is he if he decides every few months that he can be bothered to see his poor daughter :/

Sounds like the OP has given him plenty chance to step up and he hasn't.

Im a step mum and we have my stepchildren 50/50 and there is a court order to say that.i feel a dad has as much rights as a mum.try and sort something out,children need both parents influence in their lives to discover who they are themselves.

It's about the child's wellbeing though. The situation obviously isn't benefiting her. With rights come responsibilities and this dad clearly isn't living up to them which is detrimental to the child.

If a child says they don't want to go to school you would still send them.so why not to their fathers?i agree tho some.fathers need to step.up role the plate.

If one of my children was in tears about the thought of goingto school I would be doing everything in my power to find out why.

It does my head in when absent parents think it's all about their rights, when they couldn't even spell the word responsibility never mind act responsibly.

Of course in an ideal world everyone would do the right thing but in some cases nothing is better than sporadic and awkward contact that does more harm than good because no-one knows whether it's going to happen or not.

If it were me, I'd be trying to sort the whole relationship out. Id sit dad down and tell him everything. His lack of absence means daughter doesn't know him. Can he start building a relationship up so he doesn't miss out later on in her life. Give him the opportunity and let him know everything. If he can't be bothered, problem solved. He may feel gutted that his daughter is so upset at the thought of spending time with him.

Then I'd have him round my house spending time with daughter playing and build it up from there. Just me though. X

I would stop now. She is old enough to make a dicisition that she doesnt want to see him.

I am not sure of all the ins and outs of all this but now would be a good time to stopping and looking in to the legal side, I am sure many others have said the same here and know the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->